Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-29-2015, 04:20 PM   #1

Kwikee steps parts needed

I have a 2006 Dolphin with step problems I need to locate a series 24 and 25 motor table and motor. Thanks in advance for your help

JLufkin
JLufkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2015, 05:35 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

I'd take the motor/gear assembly to a local auto parts store. It's the same mechanism found in electric window assemblies. They should be able to find a match for much less than Kwikee charges for the same thing.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:08 AM   #3

Hi and WELCOME!,

Bob is correct you can take the motor to an auto parts store and with a little luck find the exact replacement but pay close attention to all the mounting holes. I found a motor for my 95 Dolphin but the mounting holes were slightly off, I managed to use the motor after I modified it. Several years ago my friends step motor on his 04 Dolphin went out and we located this site; AM Equipment : Passenger Side Step Motor [210-1012] - $70.76 All the part number matched perfectly and so did the mounting. I think it slightly more in price than the window crank motor but it was a perfect match. Be very careful when working on the steps they have a lot of power due to the gearing and can do much harm including losing parts of your body.
Good luck!
Bill WA6YBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 11:43 AM   #4

Thanks for the info the teeth on the motor and the motor plate are worn I was trying to find a replacement for both

Ps I will be real careful
JLufkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:11 AM   #5
TSM

Had the same problem. RV dealer replaced the motor and botched the entire job. Not wanting to return I replaced the entire unit , series 25, purchased from Del City. Wasn't cheap but works perfectly. Short cable is not an extension cable , it's a reverse polarity cable which I had to use. 2006 National Sea Breeze.
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:56 PM   #6

I ordered mine of amazon, i did have to modify it a touch because the mounting hardware didnt work. Steps work great now though
RUNDLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:04 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I replaced my Kwikee single step with a 2 step on my Seabreeze. There was nothing wrong with it, I just needed more steps so my wife could get in and out easier. I just posted the original unit on Craigs List. But what parts do you need?
Mine is a series 28-- I don't know what the difference is on the 24.

Tags
kwikee, parts, steps