Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #1

Leveler Hydraulic Fluid Tank Location?

Where is the location of the hydraulic fluid tank for the levelers on a 2007 National RV Dolphin?

I think the system may need more fluid. I got the rears are down, but now I can't retract them. I also can't extend the fronts. When I start the MH, and turn on the Power Gear control panel it shows the jacks are down. Pressing "Retract All Jacks", does nothing.

I found the hydraulic pump in front of the engine, but I can't find where to fill the hydraulic reservoir.
Resist is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #2

Found it, connected to the hydraulic pump....duh.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You dont want to fill the tank while you have jacks extended. It will be overfilled when you do get them retracted. Dont know whats causing your rear jacks not retracting, but it's not low fluid level.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #4

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resist View Post
Where is the location of the hydraulic fluid tank for the levelers on a 2007 National RV Dolphin?

I think the system may need more fluid. I got the rears are down, but now I can't retract them. I also can't extend the fronts. When I start the MH, and turn on the Power Gear control panel it shows the jacks are down. Pressing "Retract All Jacks", does nothing.

I found the hydraulic pump in front of the engine, but I can't find where to fill the hydraulic reservoir.
Get the jacks up first with a floor jack and you may have to loosen each hyd. fitting to do so. May be messy as well, but have never had to do it, so......
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #5

Finally got the levelers up! Had to run the generator for a few minutes, then I could retract them.

Oddly, I wasn't able to get the awning or steps to move either, until I ran the generator for a few minutes. But after a bit with the generator off, I couldn't move them and had to start up the generator again, to get them operating.

So I'm thinking that the house batteries didn't have enough power, even though they easily were able to open the slides and some other house lights. They are two 6 volt batteries in series and registered over 12 volts combined with a voltmeter. I'm guessing the amps were low? So the generator or even shore power provides more power to operate the levelers, steps and awning?
Old 03-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #6
KIX

Quote:
So I'm thinking that the house batteries didn't have enough power, even though they easily were able to open the slides and some other house lights. They are two 6 volt batteries in series and registered over 12 volts combined with a voltmeter. I'm guessing the amps were low? So the generator or even shore power provides more power to operate the levelers, steps and awning?
You should read the voltage at the batteries with a digital voltmeter. 12.1 volts is 50% discharged. To prolong the life of the batteries they should not be discharged lower than 50%. The symptoms you report sound like a battery issue.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #7

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Finally got the levelers up! Had to run the generator for a few minutes, then I could retract them.

Oddly, I wasn't able to get the awning or steps to move either, until I ran the generator for a few minutes. But after a bit with the generator off, I couldn't move them and had to start up the generator again, to get them operating.

Most likely the battery voltage dropped off to nothing when applying power to the levelers, even though you might have had 12+ without a load. Something doesn't sound right with the slides working though and wondering if the hyd pump motor or other is drawing excessive current. A new set of batteries will tell the story without extensive trouble shooting, if you choose to go that route.
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
You should read the voltage at the batteries with a digital voltmeter. 12.1 volts is 50% discharged.
I did read the voltage with a digital voltmeter. The reading was around 12.6 volts, but I don't get how 12.1 volts means 50% discharged. The coach batteries are several years old and probably need replacing anyway.

Tags
fluid, tank