Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2019, 10:39 AM   #1

Looking for 2000 National Tradewinds owners

Would like to exchange info. on our coaches. How problems were solved, upgrades, things to do and not do.
P.S. love mine so far
Jimmy j
JimmyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2019, 08:37 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Tradewind

I have a 1999 7371 and we have done some remodeling and repairs. I think there isn’t much difference in the two years.
Let me know if I can help
C1v1leng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 10:58 AM   #3

Hi Jimmy We have a 2000 Tradewinds 7350 that we purchased last summer in good condition. We removed all the decals, polished the outside and had new graphics installed. It took a lot of time, but it now looks as good as I think it is! I have been repairing many little things and purchased a tow bar in anticipation of using it quite a bit this year. Although my experience is still somewhat limited, I would be happy to share what Ive learned.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:35 AM   #4

First my slide out stopped working & I can't find the fuse for it. Second my slid cover for the steps also stopped working. But not at the same time.
Found out with a diesel pusher you need to clean the radiator under the bed or over heating will result. Not to hard to do but pain in the ass. Also you need to extend the breather hose beyond the rear bumper to keep the oil moist off of the radiator.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:40 AM   #5

My dinette/couch slide has sheared 2 bolts so far and I have adjusted both slides as they were not closing properly in my - not quite level - driveway. Lesson learned: I should not have adjusted them without using the motorhome slide a few times in different locations, because after a 2 week trip they seem to be out of adjustment the other direction... No issues with the fuses yet. Hope you find it soon.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:30 AM   #6

The slide has a relay in the electric bay.I have a 2000 tradewinds 7373 and love it.Bought it in 02 with 81000 miles and the only problems I had was the alternator freezing up due to rust after sitting a couple months.The sheer pins on the dining room slide sheared till I replaced them with high grade bolts.Windshield cracking is a little annoying but I ignore it till it gets bad and have the insurance replace it.Learning to avoid anything that will twist body helps.I now have 150000 miles.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #7

Here's. A new issue just found out my gray holding tank leaks when it gets to a certain point. Seems last owner hid the problem and I just discovered it.
My question is is there something I can get to fix this blk. plastic issue.
It's in a hard to get at spot, not sure of just where on a joint or where pipe goes into tank.or a split on top.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190108_150113.jpeg
Views:	154
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	231343
Old 01-09-2019, 05:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJ View Post
First my slide out stopped working & I can't find the fuse for it. Second my slid cover for the steps also stopped working. But not at the same time.
Found out with a diesel pusher you need to clean the radiator under the bed or over heating will result. Not to hard to do but pain in the ass. Also you need to extend the breather hose beyond the rear bumper to keep the oil moist off of the radiator.
The fuse for our BR Slide is in the compartment behind the right rear tires, along with the battery charger/inverter.

Wm Mayberry
2003 National Tradewinds 375LE
2011 Honda CRV
wmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:15 AM   #9

Do not have a bedroom slide only a kitchen pullout couch area. All my fuses near the inverter are good.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:08 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Would like to exchange info. on our coaches. How problems were solved, upgrades, things to do and not do.
P.S. love mine so far
Jimmy j

hello we have a 01 Tradewinds LTC with Cat 330, let me know if we can help, we are full timing (3 years now) remodeled the interior and now have 90K on the clock, yes there is always something to fix but would not stop just yet, National built a good coach.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:26 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Here's. A new issue just found out my gray holding tank leaks when it gets to a certain point. Seems last owner hid the problem and I just discovered it.
It's in a hard to get at spot, not sure of just where on a joint or where pipe goes into tank.or a split on top.Attachment 231343
The tank leaking issue I would go to Napa and ask for glue for plastic gas tanks not positive but it sure looks like the same material and it works excellent on gas tank so definitely should hold water
Old 01-12-2019, 06:17 AM   #12

Thanks I'll check out Napa see what they got
Old 02-01-2019, 08:59 AM   #13

Quote:
It's in a hard to get at spot, not sure of just where on a joint or where pipe goes into tank.or a split on top.Attachment 231343
Ours did this too. I found the water line was cracked right where it entered the gray tank. I replaced the broken black water line parts with white PVC residential plumbing parts (Schedule 40) and it hasn't leaked since.

Rob
Old 02-02-2019, 01:15 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
WE bought our 2001 7390 Tradewinds in Nov. 2004 and have had only a few minor problems. In looking around we have found nothing we would trade her for unless we win the lottery and then it would be a custom made Prevost. We love the two big closets, her's is across the back with shelves and a drop down for long clothes. Mine is in the bath hallway with double sliding mirrored doors and 4 drawers under that. National sure knew how to design and build a great MH. One thing I've noticed as we shop around is that you hardly ever see a National DP or Gasser sitting on the RV lots. Love my CAT 300

Right now we are looking to get the driver and passenger seats redone, so if you all know a good upholster shop close to Saint George, Utah please let me know. Not opposed to traveling to get them done if they remove and reinstall them while we enjoy the area.

I do have a crack on the outside wall in the back side where the bedroom slide goes in and out, any suggestions as to how to fix this?
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national