Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-27-2021, 05:51 PM   #1

Looking to Buy 2006 Sea Breeze on Ford F53 Should I look for something else?

I am looking at a 2006 NationalRV Sea Breeze ... it's on a F53 chassis 55,000 miles on it. It's has the look of something that has been cared for. You can see yourself in the shiny Gel-Coat. All the seams are caulked in a factory kind of way. Test drove it and it behaved like a better motor-home should. I was hard pressed to fined any defects. The entry door has a piect of molding that needs tacked down. No stains anywhere. Dash AC blows cold. Quiet ride (quieter that my F53 Winnebago.

Most of what I see in the forums is positive about the brand even though they are out of business.

What do you all think ?

Jim
MR. Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2021, 11:18 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
We are still happy with our 06 Dolphin that we bought new in 07.

It is on F53 chassis also.

Do you have any specific questions?

2006 Dolphin 5355
Tahiti16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:22 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
I've owned two national coaches and I would buy another. One thing to watch for is creeping window seals and softness on the wall around the driver and passenger front windows as they can be symptoms of a failing roof cap seal or awning mount. I have done minor repairs on both of mine with those issues. National had a quality steel duraframe construction and overall made a solid coach. I've found the exterior fiberglass has held up well on both that I've owned.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:08 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
We have a 2006 SeaBreeze LX we love. 8321 Model. What model are you looking at? Different models have different wheelbases, which can affect the handling. Otherwise a quality MH.

Al
Old 01-29-2021, 10:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahiti16 View Post
We are still happy with our 06 Dolphin that we bought new in 07.

It is on F53 chassis also.

Do you have any specific questions?
Mostly concerned on how well they hold up ... things like engine performance (Triton V-10) slide motors and mechanism system.... basement heating (we spend some winters managing campgrounds and snow is involved).

We like the coach so far everyone seems to be happy with theirs.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewellz View Post
I've owned two national coaches and I would buy another. One thing to watch for is creeping window seals and softness on the wall around the driver and passenger front windows as they can be symptoms of a failing roof cap seal or awning mount. I have done minor repairs on both of mine with those issues. National had a quality steel duraframe construction and overall made a solid coach. I've found the exterior fiberglass has held up well on both that I've owned.
The gel-coat was the first thing that sold me. As far as softness around window are you pointing to the windshields or the side windows. Did it result in delamination ? How did you fix it?

After your thoughts and two coaches later we are going through with the purchase.
Old 01-30-2021, 08:36 PM   #7

I can't speak to the Ford, as I've never owned an F53, but we love our National Dolphin on the Workhorse chassis. National built quality coaches. I drove a Winnebago on the same chassis as my Dolphin before I bought mine and the Dolphin was way quieter and just felt more solid all around.

There was a year or two when Nationals suffered exterior delamination problems due to a vendor quality problem. I don't remember what years were affected, but maybe someone here can comment on that. I suspect if yours were one of them you would already being seeing it after nearly 13 years.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:07 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
they were all recalled and repaired
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 11:24 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. Breeze View Post
The gel-coat was the first thing that sold me. As far as softness around window are you pointing to the windshields or the side windows. Did it result in delamination ? How did you fix it?

After your thoughts and two coaches later we are going through with the purchase.
I had a leak in my tropical that originated where the cap and sidewall met, I resealed it with Dicor and eternabond taped the entire seam and that fixed the leak. No delam at all, but i did replace the inside wall below the side windows.After the repair I had no more issues. My Tradewinds leaked through an awning mount below the passenger window and also from the top corner of the cap as well. No delam issues at all and the inside wall was easily repaired same as the tropical.. I think you will be happy with your purchase , safe travels!
Thewellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 10:37 PM   #10

Thank you !! We are excited and we are picking it on Wednesday.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Thank you !! We are excited and we are picking it on Wednesday.
I think you'll love it. Things like jacks, slides, locks, appliances, a/c etc. are from the same vendors other manufacturers used so are readily available. The only time you might run into trouble are with things like basement locker doors and front/rear caps which were exclusive to National, then you'd need to visit an RV wrecking yard. There are also a couple of outfits that bought some of National's inventory when they went out of business. How much they'll still have after 10+ years is questionable, but there's a sticky in this section devoted to National parts and you'll find more information about them there.
Old 02-06-2021, 09:51 PM   #12

We bought it !!!

The wife and I are pleased to say we made the leap and we “Thank” everyone for their input.

No doubt a quality rig ... drives great for a motorhome ... stops even better. We were lucky the previous owner kept his books records and brocures. Even the purchase records.

So now we head to Mt. Laguna Ca

Thanks for everything !
Old 02-07-2021, 06:34 AM   #13

We just purchased our 05 a month ago. I think the National RV is a great coach. It was an upgrade from our class C
Old 02-07-2021, 07:59 PM   #14

Quote:
The wife and I are pleased to say we made the leap and we “Thank” everyone for their input.

No doubt a quality rig ... drives great for a motorhome ... stops even better. We were lucky the previous owner kept his books records and brocures. Even the purchase records.

So now we head to Mt. Laguna Ca

Thanks for everything !
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do our Dolphin.

Tags
breeze, f53, ford