Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2007, 04:09 PM   #1

Any idea where fuse, etc. would be for the 120 volt recepticle in compartment in front of door.
We have checked all we can find and no help.
Thanks

2006 National Seabreeze
FloridaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2007, 04:09 PM   #2

Any idea where fuse, etc. would be for the 120 volt recepticle in compartment in front of door.
We have checked all we can find and no help.
Thanks

2006 National Seabreeze
FloridaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
That receptacle may be fed from a GFCI in the kitchen or bath.

Make sure all of your GFCI receptacles are reset.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:51 PM   #4

This happened to me once. It turned out power was supplied by a standard extension cord plugged into a power strip. Apparently when cramming something under there I had caught and disconnected the cord running to that power strip without even knowing about it.

The worst part is my *WIFE* was the one who figured it out!
jflanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #5

Check all your GFI outlets in the coach. In fact, go through and reset all of them. My guess is that you have one tripped.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:18 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My wiring diagram shows that duplex outlet in the front compartment wired to same branch circuit as the refrigerator ac. This is not an outside outlet in mine.
This outlet supplies 120 volts to the converter and the 600 watt inverter.
The duplex box seems to be hard wired to a male plug assembly that plugs into the inverters output. This is the power feed to the two entertainment areas that operate from the inverter in the absence of gen or shore power. The inverter has its' own transfer relay. If you do not have the inverter option, there may be no additional hard wiring.

Since yours is 3 years newer then mine and a Seabreeze this may not apply at all.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:22 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Believe it or not, it's probably the GFI above the bathroom sink.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:09 AM   #8

I have the same problem in my 2004 Dolphin 5342. I've verified it's not either the kitchen or bathroom GFI's. Did you find a solution?
Mike H 2002 Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike H:
I have the same problem in my 2004 Dolphin 5342. I've verified it's not either the kitchen or bathroom GFI's. Did you find a solution? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike H,

See my post earlier in this thread. Check CB for the refrigerator!

Marty
Old 01-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #10

Yes I've checked the refrig. breaker. All circuit breakers appear to be fine. Refrig. works on AC. The wiring connections to all three outlets are properly connected as well. I had hoped to find a loose connection at one of them but no such luck.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have 3 GFIs. One kitchen, one bathroom and one at side where handrail (coming up the steps) is. When my outside outlet doesn't work, I reset each one.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:32 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Did you check the outlets with meter or lamp plugged into outlets. Sometimes the wire may looked pushed in hole but will have insulation on it for poor connection.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:02 PM   #13

Yes I pulled the wires out of the outdoor outlet and checked the bare wires with a voltage meter, no power. I did notice that the only two GFI circuits I have (bath and kitchen) only have a single line-in feed. I thought a line-out would be connected to one of the GFI outlets to power the dead outdoor outlet. I suspect that my outdoor outlet wire is not connected to a power source.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:08 AM   #14

Mike,

I had the same problem once. Some time before I noticed it, I had changed out a bad GFI at the kitchen sink. I used a meter and found that the wires from the GFI were in fact the ones going outside, It was a real head scratcher sense the GFI worked fine. Then one morning about three o'clock I got to wondering if there was an in and out to the thing. That afternoon I pulled the GFI and notice that it in fact did have an in and out. I rewired it and thing are working fine now. Good Luck!

Harold

'01 Nat'l RV, Tropical 33' Ford V10
H. Dossett is offline   Reply With Quote