Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2008, 06:18 PM   #1

Hi, we just bought our 1st Cl. A, a '95 Sea Breeze 133 after owning a 21' Cl.C (American Clipper) for 20 years in L.A. Everything works except 2 monitor panel functions: Bat. charge & h20 tank. Service people say it appears to be panel, not sending units. Panel is the tall, black, narrow unit next to the stove. None of the National sales brochures show it there but several used '94-'96 Dolphin & Sea Breeze ads do. Anyone know of a replacement or add-on that doesn't require re-doing wires, sending units, etc? We can live w/out it but I'd kinda like everything to work. Given its age I doubt if the original vendor could help, whoever that was. In advance, Thanks. btw, I founded the American Clipper Owners Club in '82 and wrote their tech newsletter for 15 years, but a '79 mini was like a toy compared to a modern Class A - this is all new to me. Wish we'd had a Forum like this back then.

Ford 460
Bob & Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2008, 06:18 PM   #2

Hi, we just bought our 1st Cl. A, a '95 Sea Breeze 133 after owning a 21' Cl.C (American Clipper) for 20 years in L.A. Everything works except 2 monitor panel functions: Bat. charge & h20 tank. Service people say it appears to be panel, not sending units. Panel is the tall, black, narrow unit next to the stove. None of the National sales brochures show it there but several used '94-'96 Dolphin & Sea Breeze ads do. Anyone know of a replacement or add-on that doesn't require re-doing wires, sending units, etc? We can live w/out it but I'd kinda like everything to work. Given its age I doubt if the original vendor could help, whoever that was. In advance, Thanks. btw, I founded the American Clipper Owners Club in '82 and wrote their tech newsletter for 15 years, but a '79 mini was like a toy compared to a modern Class A - this is all new to me. Wish we'd had a Forum like this back then.

Ford 460
Old 09-09-2008, 01:57 AM   #3

One would hope that the monitor panels were similar to a thermostat...doesn't matter what kind you have....just hook the wires up.

I don't know. Good luck
jerseyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:54 AM   #4

THANKS, I WISH THAT WAS TRUE, BUT I BELIEVE DIFFERENT MFGS USE DIFFERENT TYPE OF SENSORS WHICH ARE CALIBRATED TO THEIR SPECIFIC PANEL. IF ANYONE HAS INFO ON NATIONAL'S MONITOR PANEL VENDOR DURING THE MID-'90S, I'D BE GRATEFUL. IF THEY STILL MAKE THEM, THEY MIGHT BE COMPATABLE WITH THEIR PREVIOUS MODELS. YAHOO'S NATIONAL RV FOURM HAS A VENDOR LIST BUT I DON'T RECALL A LISTING FOR M. PANELS.

Ford 460
Old 09-09-2008, 08:23 AM   #5

Try J.R.V.Products Inc. They have helped me in the past.

Alcoa Dura Bright rims
Steve & Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:25 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Link to JRV products http://www.jrvproductsinc.com/tank.html
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #7

I have the same panel in ny 95 diesel Dolphin and it is not made anymore and there is not another one that will fit in its hole. So you will either have to make the hole bigger or fill it and move it to another location. The sensors in the three tanks are sandard capictive sensors used on lots of monitors so no problem because ther is no calibration. Just on or off.
The BATT could be just a wire loose or off in the battery compartment. On the water have you tried pressing iy and wiggling your finger at the same time?

Do you have thye wiring diagrams?
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:43 PM   #8

Many thanks for all your suggestions. Yes, I have wiring schematics supplied with the owner's manual. Today I removed the panel, wiggled wires and got intermittent readings, so I lightly touched each contact where the incoming wires enter the panel, with a soldering iron....sonofagun, all works. Very nice to know the Fourm is here when we need it. Bob

Ford 460