Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-05-2020, 08:07 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
NADA Value vs Market Value

I'm thinking about selling my 2004 Tropical T370 Heritage Edition.
The NADA value just dropped at the 1st of the year by about $4,000.

Now it says my coach is worth $31,000. On rvtrader, they are listed much higher. I paid $49,500 three years ago as an uneducated buyer. I bought it from a "friend".

Does anyone have recent experience to evaluate how close the NADA value estimate is to what one can actually expect to sell their National Diesel Pusher for? Or any other insight that would support a higher price than NADA estimate.

Thanks,

Steve
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2020, 06:57 AM   #2

Best price is set by the market. NADA = National Automotive DEALERS Association so expect the price they show to be different from the market. Sometimes the market will be higher than NADA other times lower. And it's regional too.

What you can do is check on PPL Motorhomes. You'll probably find the best market price for your rig there because they sell lots of RVs on consignment. I wouldn't go by NADA.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:12 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
use NADA as rough guide, can use RV trader and such as a guide too, but condition, floor plan, area and willing buyer will determine price. Start high and leave plenty of "negotiating room"
trode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 12:19 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just bought that same coach in May, AZ. they wanted 60K and I offered 40K and bought for 42.5K. Great shape, records and only59K on the odo.

price will depend on options also.
love this coach.

hope this helps.

Tom
Old 02-02-2020, 02:19 PM   #5

Don't read too much into NADA, it is primarily a depreciation schedule, and a very rough one at that.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 05:52 PM   #6

Opinion on value of 2003 Tradewinds LE 395. This is a garaged unit all its life when not in use. It has 34K miles with 3417 Hankook tires and a new refrig. tower. Never any problems and basically like new. It also has Select Comfort mattress.
Revleroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 06:04 PM   #7

My first question is have all the rubber parts been repalced (hoses, belts, suspension bushings, propane regulator, ...) as well as CO and LPG detectors. All these items age out, in the case of black rubber parts typically you will see failures starting at around the 12-15 year mark.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:34 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought my 2003 2.5 years ago in good condition right at NADA's average retail. Planning for $10,000 to take care of Isaac-1's list from above post but it cost $12,000!
We've got 3 trips under our belt now and not a bit of trouble. 10,000 mile to Alaska last summer, Great!
But I took care of the little things before we hit the road!
7 New Michilan Tires. 7 Mounting Balance, Eng Air Cleaner, Eng Oil Filter, Eng 3 fuel Filters, Eng Belts, Rottela 5gal, Onan Generator 3 Filters, Trans Fluid, Trans Filter, Air Dryer HalDex Kit DQ6026, Fuel Transfer Pump, 4 Bilstien Shocks, 4 Air Springs SAF Holland, 4 Brake diaphragm and chamber, Wiper Blades,Thermastat, Filter, Cooling Hose's, FleetGuard Restore Cleaner, Antifreeze 10 Gal, Distilled Water, All Radiator hoses, Valve Cover gasket, ScanGauge D, TruckAline frontEnd Alingnment, Express Paint Touchup Paint, TPMS, TPMS Extender,Toad Tow Bar ,Toad Breakaway Switch, Toad BrakeMaster Brake Sys,Toad Air dump Valve, Toad Air Brake Tube, Toad Air Brake Coil hose 6',"Toad Air Brake 1/4"" ball valve",Toad Light wiring cable,Toad CIRCUIT BREAKER 12V R22 15A,2 Wheel Chocks, EternaBond RoofSeal Tape,EternaBond Caulk Roof,Weather strip Air Cond, Bath Vent, Air Cond Covers 2, Bath Skylight CD16X24, Toilet Riser, Water Regulator, Sewer Hose, Drawer Rails, RV antifreeze,door lock. Window Molding, Window Glass, Window Install Labor, Chrome Wheel Lug Remover, Torque Multiplyer Wheel Lug, Protect-A-Tow
Old 02-07-2020, 10:14 AM   #9

Bought our 02 Tradewinds M391 with all the available options for $38.5k and 36k miles a year ago from dealer.

Extremely clean rig, new tires and house batteries, but poorly winterized so that cost me about $300 and a lot of frustration, but I learned a lot about the coach in the process.

Roof seals failed so had to do a bunch of work up there but no big deal. She's fairly well sorted and we have 3000 miles this far with no major challenges. Beats spending $1/2M on a new one!!
Rolling Chi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada