Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2015, 03:58 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard S. View Post
NOTE: Colors, equipment and specifications depicted in this brochure are subject to change without notice.
X2 Even my 2001 7390 LTC has several items listed that aren't on the coach, not many, but a couple.Mainly a slide for the generator.
We took the standard POS mattress out of the sofa and replaced it with an Air Dream air mattress and that's been used for 5 years now. It blows up in about a minute and deflates just as fast.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2015, 07:03 AM   #16

Good Info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
There were 68 completed units that were purchased by Dennis Dillon RV in Boise Idaho from the bankruptcy sale. I attached the file that has these units listed. Check the VIN numbers. maybe yours is there.
Wow, that is great that you saved that document! I knew that I had seen that or similar docs posted back in 2008 when the fallout from the industry was still hailing down from the clouds. Seeing the actual date and dollar figures is a fascinating window into how finishing the final units and their pricing came about.

Most interesting to me was that the cost to the dealer (Dillon) of the models listed (all but #1). Using the pretty standard industry rate of factory invoice being about 70% of the sticker price and then factoring in the 28.5% discount off invoice brings the units down to just about 50% of original sticker price (or what would have been the sticker price).
Would be interesting to know what/how Dillon moved those units and for what retail prices!

I do remember back in Spring '07, when Diesel prices hit their (then) peak, looking at a new Winnie View with a sticker of just over $100k that the dealer was willing to sell for just over $60k. I see those same (used) rigs being sold now for just under what that one was new! Sure doesn't seem like much of that savings is being passed through to second hand buyers now that the market is hot again and fuel prices are at very low prices. But ... that's the way the economy works, eh.
wihakowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:13 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I bought a 2008 Dolphin DL35 in June of 2008. The build date was Sept of 2007. The dealer wanted to get rid of it and I did not need a new RV. (good time to buy). I was satisfied with the deal until I got to looking at it when I got it home. It has several items that did not meet National's specs but I had signed a paper saying that I would take it "as is". There was no warrantee on the RV. I have had it for 6 years now and I did not need any warrantee work. Thank God! My advice is to not sign any "as is" contract until you have had plenty of time to check it our.

08 Dolphin on WorkHorse W24
LeeSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 11:15 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
There were 68 completed units that were purchased by Dennis Dillon RV in Boise Idaho from the bankruptcy sale. I attached the file that has these units listed. Check the VIN numbers. maybe yours is there.
Thank you! That's great information.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:51 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
X2 Even my 2001 7390 LTC has several items listed that aren't on the coach, not many, but a couple.Mainly a slide for the generator.
We took the standard POS mattress out of the sofa and replaced it with an Air Dream air mattress and that's been used for 5 years now. It blows up in about a minute and deflates just as fast.
We have the same thing with our CC Magna. Several items listed (ceiling fan, table, etc) aren't there, but not the other way around (not listed but there.
Ours was built towards the end of CC's life so I guess things weren't going just right their either!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:16 AM   #20

Now if we could just get National to go back into business
Old 08-31-2015, 11:37 AM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
After reviewing the bankruptcy documents we found our VIN#. We must have caught Dennis Dillon at a weak moment since we paid less than they bought it for & they included an extended warranty. Purchased it as first owner 9/2009.

Maybe that is why they made us buy our own soda during the 5 hours we waited for it to be prepped after we flew in from Portland

We LOVE our rig & have not found anything we would be willing to trade it for.
Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national