Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-26-2019, 04:08 AM   #29

Defiantly will do that, also, mine didn't come with a spare tire, I have the 30' chasse, I'm thinking originally, it was mounted under the lp tank? Thanks...Jim
Jimbmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2019, 11:35 PM   #30

Most Class A's do not come with spare tires. You probably couldn't break the lug nuts loose even if you had a big enough jack to lift your MH. Usual to call Good Sam or whoever and wait for the service truck to show up.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:07 AM   #31

Generator, electric impact wrench( drill ), hydraulic lifts, I can change a tire, unless the situation is too dangerous. but, good to know it didn't come with one.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:56 AM   #32

Love my Dolphin! I've been to many RV shows and looked at many others class A's at different trials and have not found one that I would trade for. This floor plan, the quality interior and the amazing storage impressed me and I knew I was going to buy it the first time I drove it 9 years ago.

The white top was a must for me because it is much cooler than the black full body paints.

The only things I have changed is the fabric on the booth seats and lambrequins to brighten the interior and the driver and passenger windows changed due to starting to fog.

Garaged so no issues with exterior.

No regrets!
lenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:09 PM   #33

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamJam1 View Post
We're starting our 3rd week of living in our "new" 2004 Dolphin 6320 while DW has some medical procedures performed at Mayo Clinic, and I have to say I am very impressed with the quality of this coach.

It's evident that making a quality product is no guarantee of success, since National went out of business in 2009, and I have to wonder if they spent too much on the furnishings and priced themselves out of the market. My dad always said the secret of staying in business is not to run out of cash. A simplification, obviously, but in my business I always heeded dad's advice and made sure to have minimal debt and keep costs under control. You can be profitable and still run out of cash, but when you've been losing money for a number of years, as National apparently was, you really limit your options.

In any case, I'm sorry National RV didn't survive the recession. They built a fine product.
From my understanding they received bad fiberglass from their supplier. Unlike some of the other companies they paid their warranties. I read about their history and it makes me sad
msaffa33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:06 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbmann View Post
WOW!! we've owned several class c's several class a's, you just waited for things to go wrong! all were chevy motors, We now have the triton v10, so far I love it. The f53 chassis seems to built better than fort Knox! So excited, finally found a rv we love. It seems to sway ( tilt from left to right ), any solution, air bags...? This site rocks, Thanks....Jim & Annette, Chilo, OH
I have an 02 Sea Breeze LX 3211 on the Ford chassis. Please take a look at the video below. It's a cheap handling fix for the F53. I did mine on the front last week and it most definitely improved the sway. I tried to do the rear but the sway bar would not move up to meet the rod because the sway bar hit the diff. I'm thinking longer rods will fix it. Also the rear sway bar bushings are known to wear and mine were toast. Replace them with newer poly bushings. Start with the cheap fix and go from there. Very easy DIY.

As the original post says, these are great coaches. Going to the LA RV show this weekend to see which coach we are going to buy in 5 years, Bought our Sea Breeze as a 5 year old with 8k miles on her and we are going to try to do the same thing.

Cheers.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:53 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaffa33 View Post
From my understanding they received bad fiberglass from their supplier. Unlike some of the other companies they paid their warranties. I read about their history and it makes me sad
I also heard a rumor the reason they were cash short was the CEO had been embezzling from the company. Sad when company that makes good product is mismanaged and forced out of business.

2000 Sea View 34' Ford V10
rvgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:24 AM   #36

As much as we like our 2003 sea breeze, I hate to say it but the engineer who designed the lay out was not thinking. our frig. is on the left as soon as you enter the coach, the furnace is under the frig. where does that put the furnace exhaust? right next to the entry door and under the awning! fumes, hot exhaust pipe etc.
Jim B Chilo, ohio
Old 10-19-2019, 08:08 AM   #37

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Re the spare tire issue: We crammed a mounted spare in an outside compartment with a pass-thru shelf. Not planning on doing the change myself....just don't want RA to spend hours or days finding me a suitable spare and charging me extra $$ for the tire.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:09 AM   #38

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Re the spare tire issue: We crammed a mounted spare in an outside compartment with a pass-thru shelf. Not planning on doing the change myself....just don't want RA to spend hours or days finding me a suitable spare and charging me extra $$ for the tire.
Good idea, I carry a spare unmounted tire in my pass-thru for that same reason. Not going to be paying double
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 02:37 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
I've thought about this too. Even if it were an unmounted tire you'd save yourself a lot of aggravation and $$. A spare tire would fit in the back of my toad easily, though in my nearly 30 years of RVing I've never lost a tire on a motor home (trailer tires are another story) and I wonder if the tire would age out before I'd ever use it.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:25 PM   #40

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree We have been motor homing for 50 years. Only had a need once and we had one the motor home we now have did not come with a spare. We purchased a tire plan that guarantees a repair or replacement for 7 years. This works in turn with our good Sam towing insurance. But this is the first time in all those years without a spare. I hope it works out.
Glamping2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national