Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-11-2021, 08:39 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Smile National Dolphin 2006

Where can I get baggage compartment door replacement
Thanks Phil wilson
Philliprn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2021, 09:29 PM   #2

There are 3,000 RV salvage yards in the US. One of them will have your door in good condition though you may need to have it painted.

Many of the different brands steal ideas and engineering from each other so it's possible that your doors went on the same way mine did. There's a trim piece that runs over the doors, usually several doors so it's a one piece deal, and that has accessible screws. Sometimes plastic covers need to be removed to access. Remove those, remove the trim piece and that gives access to the hinge screws to allow the doors removal. My trim pieces screws came up from below, and even when sitting I didn't see them until I stooped down and looked up at the bottom edge of the trim.

Pretty slick system actually. I was thinking I needed to drill out the door hinge's pop rivets but ended up not needing that. Saved buckets of time when I removed that trim piece.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 05:27 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
try this RV Parts | Ortega Manufacturing
Richard S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 08:11 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Visone rv, they have quite an assortment of national rv salvage parts
tims52ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 12:25 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Thanks

Thanks for all the information!
Ortega only has body molds
Will try other suggestions
Thanks again
Old 06-14-2021, 07:50 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When I damaged the right rear compartment door on our 99 Dolphin I called three RV Salvage yards. Although I could see the door on their website was told they didn't have it. I ended up going to a local RV repair shop (not a dealer) that specializes in body, paint and mechanical repair of RV's. When finished it looked great, wasn't cheap but insurance paid for it. We ended up having all lower boby repainted to match the repaired door.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:19 PM   #7

Couple years ago I called at least 5 salvage yards and sent ems to several others and most couldn't be bothered to answer the emails, or the phone, or answer my voice mails. Sounds exactly like what you find with the typical junk yard. Makes it hard to find parts.

Eventually, went with Visone for my battery compartment door that had the square cutout for WH vent and intake. In that case, I'd found my exact model and color RV on their 'this RV just in' page, and I pointed out the stock number when I called. And after some one sided negotiations, went ahead and bought the door assuming it was going to come the same color as mine. NOPE. Mine and theirs is gold tone, the door that came was blue. Doh! So cost me another $300 for a $110 pint of paint purchased in Yuma, and had the painting done in Mexico for $200. I was quoted $1200 by a local shop up in Pahrump when I stayed there. JUST to paint the one door, that I brought to them. So I saved $900 by going to Yuma to enjoy the better winter weather.

Aww, fun with body parts.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 11:19 PM   #8

Gambler's RV in Quartzsite AZ is another possible source for National RV parts.
Old 06-15-2021, 02:04 PM   #9

You may want to try Ortega again. They made me a rear passenger side compartment door about 5 years ago.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:57 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Metal ?
Old 06-22-2021, 02:28 PM   #11

Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliprn2 View Post
Where can I get baggage compartment door replacement
Thanks Phil wilson
Phil
Ortega out of L.A has all the molds for national RV dolphins