Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-15-2020, 02:50 PM   #1

Post National RV 1997 Seaview water pump question

Hello- can I get some pointers on replacing the water pump in my 1997 seaview? Thanks
Dave294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2020, 08:14 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave294 View Post
Hello- can I get some pointers on replacing the water pump in my 1997 seaview? Thanks
Hi, Do you need to replace the engine water pump? Do you need to replace the domestic water water pump?

If you want to replace the engine water pump it is an automotive problem just like changing a water pump on a car...only harder because things are more difficult to reach.

If you want to replace the domestic water pump it would help if you posted a picture(s) of the water pump. Every motorhome/RV differs a little on the water pump.
Old 06-21-2020, 01:50 PM   #3

Domestic water pump

Sorry for the confusion! It is the the domestic pump - to start with, I do not know where it is mounted in the RV and what access panel should i open in order to remove and replace the old one....
Old 07-15-2020, 08:13 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave294 View Post
Sorry for the confusion! It is the the domestic pump - to start with, I do not know where it is mounted in the RV and what access panel should i open in order to remove and replace the old one....

Mine is in the bay with the gray and black connect just to the left on upper shelf.
Old 07-18-2020, 05:05 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
If you have an out side shower in the dump valve area turn it on you should be able to hear the water pump and find out where it's at. On mine it's on the shelf behind the panel with many levers in the dump valve area.
John Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 01:47 PM   #6

Thank you all

Thank you very much guys - I opened today the cover panel in the wet bay - and found the water pump! D.

Tags
national, water, water pump