Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
To NRV's credit last year in Louisville I saw where NRV came out with a slide in a slide. I thought that was innovative and no other manufacturer had that type of feature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Michael Pelchat (DriVer),

What was the function of the slide in a slide? How was it configured? Did you happen to snap a photo? The NRV website shows external photo. Did you happen to get an interior photo Mike?

George
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2007, 02:29 PM   #44

Mid Atlantic Campers
George go to National RVs web site, you can see it there.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kernel:
...the intangibles attached to the National brand are way ahead of names like, monaco, winne, HR, fleetwood, and some others... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Kernel, Would you expound on those intangibles? In 2001, I looked at a brand new NRV. The first item to turn me off to it was the plastic book rack on the wall next to the driver's seat (in place of the door). This plastic was in a place that people would naturally reach out to so to remain steady footed while entering the driver's seat. Unfortunately, that piece spoiled the sale for me. I ended up buying a 1-year old Georgie Boy Pursuit.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kernel:
... Don't be surprised if a good marketing dept pitches this exact scenario to their execs in the near future... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Don't most execs make decisons based on maintaining their resources through a recession? ..not lose their resources by buying someone else's debt.

gm
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #46

Workhorse Chassis Owner
George, I'm not going to get into a discussion with you. It's enough to know that perceptions are very subjective. Although, I did research the industry for six years prior to purchasing. Part of my decision came down to the fact that Natl factory was 15 min away from my home. You can make of that what you like, but you can also now evaluate how good my research was. Let's say that for the price, my custom Dolphin was a steal. Haven't had a visitor yet that diagreed.

Full-timing by necessity. . . not choice.
Kernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:19 PM   #47

I have a 2007 Sea Breeze LX with the telescopic slide and I really like it. It makes for a very large bedroom. The only thing unusual about it is the switches are sequenced so if I have the outer slide out and start to move the inner slide out it must go all the way out before it can come back in.

Too bad I don't have a warranty on it any more.
R Brownlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:45 PM   #48
Rom

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi everyone-seems like a bad news for me to hear about NRV's situation. Just received a recall notice (NHTSA Recall#07V-456) for my 07 Dolphin LX, made an appointment with my dealership for next week, and now with this development, it's for naught. But then again, I've driven this MH now for about 11K miles so I don't think "side marker lights" are that important.

Rom
Rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 01:44 AM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Rom, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will find this website enjoyable and informative. Take care and keep us posted as to issues with your Dolphin. Thanks
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:34 AM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
IMHO, the "handwriting was on the wall" when National sold it's only real asset, Country Coach, a year ago.

I hope someone picks up the "slide within a slide" concept. It looks like a nice feature, especially for the bedroom.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:05 AM   #51
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Well it is very sad to see another manufacturer go this way ! Not only for the folks that have there products, but for all the folks who just lost there jobs, and at this time of year it is that much worse!! However I have to agree with other that the slide in a slide was something, and I think if another manufacturer or two don't pick up on this idea they are all crazy!!!
Old 12-04-2007, 05:12 AM   #52

Rom, I too would like to welcome you to the Forum. No one knows what is going to happen to National RV. I think most of us tend to be optimistic, and hope something positive will result.
In the meantime, I would like to assure you there are many NRV owners here with experience on finding and fixing problems with their units. Don't be afraid to speak up, maybe we can help. And your experiences will benefit us all. Once again, welcome.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #53

National RV Owners Club
National has posted regarding the Chapter 11 on its Website and has some helpful questions and answers. It makes it clear that there is no provision for warranties znd that all parts must be ordered directly from the manufacturer.

In the last press release CEO Humphries talked about liquidation. However, he states that some may seek to buy parts of NRV. However, RV analysts do not see that as likely as other manufacturers have too much capacity and too many models. NRV has helped them by no longer being a competitor in the market.

National RV is probably a ghost of the past but those who own coaches do not need to worry. All parts including fiberglass will be available from other sources. Their value should not be diminished much, perhaps not at all.
inharmswayus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:54 AM   #54

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
NRV sold their plant and property last year. They then leased it back. So they have very little in salable physical assets.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:16 PM   #55

National RV Chapter 11 - Frequently Asked Questions can be found here .
Explore America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:57 PM   #56

Mid Atlantic Campers
Bad, Bad, Bad

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote