Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2007, 08:36 AM   #57
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">originally posted by Kernel:
George, I'm not going to get into a discussion with you. It's enough to know that perceptions are very subjective. Although, I did research the industry for six years prior to purchasing. Part of my decision came down to the fact that Natl factory was 15 min away from my home. You can make of that what you like, but you can also now evaluate how good my research was. Let's say that for the price, my custom Dolphin was a steal. Haven't had a visitor yet that diagreed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kernel,
Yes, my perception was subjective and based upon my observation of the product. I meant in no way to be critical of your research or decision.

I think that dealing with a manufacturer who is closeby your home is a wise personal decision. Kudos to you.

But frankly lets face it, the RV industry in whole is lacking quality control and has issues with using low-price, low-quality components. This is not unique to NRV, neither has NRV escaped. From my very first brand new 1999 pop up trailer, to my brand new 2000 Trail Lite, to my 1-year old 2000 Georgie Boy Pursuit, ALL had quality control issues. I'm now in my 5th RV in 8 years and thinking that I might have to build my next RV (bus conversion) to escape the typical manufacturer issues. I can't help but to think that if given enough time, I can build it better and safer than any of the manufacturers. But if gas prices continue in their upward trend, I might have to downsize to a motorcycle and tent trailer or a VW Westfalia.

George
George Miklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2007, 11:49 AM   #58

Mid Atlantic Campers
I have a great Bike Camper available.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:35 PM   #59

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jestme13:
I have a great Bike Camper available. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Steve, you wouldn't let that small block trike go, would you??

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:02 PM   #60

Mid Atlantic Campers
Fred, anything is possable I always thought how cool it would be to hook up the MC pop up behind the trike.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:57 AM   #61

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by inharmswayus:
Chapter 13 is for wage earners and allows for protected payment of debts
Chapter 7 is for liquidation by persons and corporations.
Chapter 11 allows for corporation reorganization and liquidation if necessary.

National has no real propety and no operating funds and has lost 94.2 million dollars since 1999. They cannot present a plan for future profit or payment of any debts so tthey are history. They have permanently laid off all workers and sent them home and completely closed the facilities. Necessary parts will be available from other sources. The Gamblers in Quartzsite carries a large stock of all sorts of old National parts. Ortega Manufacturing in Hemet has bought all National molds for caps and outside doors for all coaches prior to 2002. They may now buy up more recent years after the court starts auctioning off the assets. Our poor orphans should be able to obtain parts needed from various sources for some years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
skyhawk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:40 PM   #62

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Look at the positive side, we don't have orhans, WE HAVE CLASSICS!! Just like the Cords, Packards and the like.

Fred
Old 01-01-2008, 12:26 PM   #63

Mid Atlantic Campers
Just met a fellow with a 04 Tradewinds last night in the Flying J. He stopped at the National RV repair center in Lakeland FL. It was chained shut and vacant.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #64

I was talking to a 07 Sea Breeze owner at the RV park I am at and he said that he got a letter letting him know that National filed Chapter 11. Has anyone else gotten letters? In talking to other National owners at this campground, a couple of them have recently found out but knew little of what the details were.
RV 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:33 AM   #65

Mike,

Got our letter weeks ago. Sad but true.

Safe travels.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #66

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you have the curiosity, and good eyes, check-out the link to the Bankruptcy Court and follow all the legal maneuverings that have been going on.

NRV BK Court Filings

Fred
Old 01-02-2008, 04:14 PM   #67

steve and pat! so glad to have met you at flying j!! we are so bummed out at the whole national bankruptcy thing! the folks at lakeland had become our friends since we had numerous warrantee issues on our 2004 tradewinds ltc! rob and andrea at the repair facility took care of us fabulously. seems like we have lost family members with the bad news. that cool california (almost "hollister" surfer dude) color scheme and look that all our busses have will never be replicated and this saddens us. our "old tradewinds ltc" as our 11 year old considers it to be still beats out all the stuff on lazydays crown club lot (and trust me, we basically live there 2 weekends a year looking for that upgrade that will probably never come nowyours in love of the good old nationals! liz g (pat: enjoy that retirement and love to the hub and pups!)
lizg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #68

Mid Atlantic Campers
Welcome lizg, to our humble site. I'm glad you took the advise to visit. Use the resources here as often as you like and join us on the chat links as well.

RV42, I got my letter a week or two ago, I am still to mad to pay it much attention as I dont think it amounts to much.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:41 AM   #69

National RV Owners Club
As i stated on my prior I do not believe we will need to worrry about parts including caps and cargo doors as molds will be bought up. There are too many National coaches and since all molds prior to 2002 have been purchased, all the most recent ones will be sold in Bankruptcy. I would hope that there would be no market value drop of the used coaches. Hope so anyway.

Some have been predicting the demise of NRV on the internet and at gatherings for almost five years. Most called them naysayers nad said they should be ignored. As a former National stockholder, I saw their demise coming and sold my last stock at $6.25. Now very glad at that decision.

Also, i had a lifetime warranty, for as long as i owned the coach, on the Roof assembly, side walls floor, and coach and chassis wiring. It was in writing given to make me go away with regard to some disputes. . Used it twice for repairs to my roof. Now my Orphan has no such warranty. I actually like our Islander very much now that all of the many initial problems were repaired and plan to keep it for now.

We should form a "Classic Coach Nationals Club!"
Our coaches are now classics and if we handle this right maybe we can increase their value?
inharmswayus is offline   Reply With Quote