Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2020, 07:21 AM   #281

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the responses, I have called or emailed many salvage yards and well as the suppliers mentioned and am having no luck. I think my next step will be having a custom one made and I am not wanting to know what that will cost.

Ortega Manufacturing is the company that bought the molds from National and they are not responding to emails and both the phone numbers listed are out of service.........
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2020, 01:56 PM   #282

National RV Owners Club
Not sure where to post this question. When I bought my 1997 National Dolphin, the screen door had no latch. How do I determine what it came with and find the replacement?
As always - Thank you for the help.
JerrySt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:41 PM   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDonkey View Post
Thanks for the responses, I have called or emailed many salvage yards and well as the suppliers mentioned and am having no luck. I think my next step will be having a custom one made and I am not wanting to know what that will cost.

Ortega Manufacturing is the company that bought the molds from National and they are not responding to emails and both the phone numbers listed are out of service.........
Gamblers RV in Quartzsite AZ is supposed to have bought a lot of the old National inventory. Whether they still have it is anyone's guess, but you can call them at 928-927-5966.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:08 AM   #284

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamJam1 View Post
Gamblers RV in Quartzsite AZ is supposed to have bought a lot of the old National inventory. Whether they still have it is anyone's guess, but you can call them at 928-927-5966.
Thanks for the info!
Old 07-06-2020, 06:39 AM   #285

Freightliner gauges

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg6746 View Post
2000 national trade winds 7373
Does anybody know who makes the Dash instrument gauges for national Tradewinds ?.
There is no manufacturer name anywhere front or back on the gauge. Just a barcode and the numbers.
I saw this post and am wondering the same thing. Mine is a water temp gauge. Was wondering if you found a source for the gauges. I called my freightliner dealer and they are calling them. None is stock at moment.

Did you find another source by chance? thanks

Eric Ackerly
Old 07-08-2020, 10:13 AM   #286

National RV Owners Club
Cool National RVs used parts

A couple months ago we came by the following as a source for used parts for National RVs. Visone RV (606) 843-9889/Visonerv.com
Hope this info can be of value.
Old 07-08-2020, 06:39 PM   #287
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You all have put a big list of where to get parts for your coach's to survive' have you tried for chassis parts from our Vendor lists, plus Amazon has many headlamps and other lights and items also.
Body parts would be a problem during this time as it is for many, boat fiberglass outfits may help.
I have national salvage yards listed in some of my threads and signature links. TECH INFORMATION for instance.
Enjoy the joy of RVing and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:11 AM   #288

Parts store

Richard S.
Thanks for the list of National parts store.
BTW anyone knows what type of Roofing material National used 2001 Sea View?

Ndj
Ndj9892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 03:28 PM   #289

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySt View Post
Not sure where to post this question. When I bought my 1997 National Dolphin, the screen door had no latch. How do I determine what it came with and find the replacement?
As always - Thank you for the help.
This is what my 99 Dolphin has on the screen door.
https://www.pellandent.com/Screen-Do...ehr-Entry-Door
Also need the striker if you don't have it.
https://www.pellandent.com/RV-Entry-...n-Door-Striker
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:22 PM   #290

No hot wire

So not sure what happen.I have a 2000 national sea view 8310. Had all working before we headed out. Plugged in a trailer got to location and now I have a few outlets not working. I checked with a voltage meter and no hot wires going to Rear AC, Microwave and outlet above couch. All others are working. Any ideas? Also Gfci above sink is green and working.
marthecr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 06:39 AM   #291

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
What do you mean plugged in trailer? You didn’t say if you checked the breaker in the panel? Check your power at the pole if you have a meter and know how to use it. If you have to you may need to check power at the unit on the roof. Did it not come on at all or did it just go out?
Old 08-16-2020, 08:53 AM   #292

I had it plugged into the house. Had the microwave and all outlets working. Obviously It would pop breaker if I turned in ac so didn’t bother turning those on. But I did run generator to check the ac unit and they did work. So to make long story short. There was a gfci that was not reset in the cargo bin. Make sure all those are reset. ����*♂️
marthecr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 10:11 AM   #293

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthecr7 View Post
I had it plugged into the house. Had the microwave and all outlets working. Obviously It would pop breaker if I turned in ac so didn’t bother turning those on. But I did run generator to check the ac unit and they did work. So to make long story short. There was a gfci that was not reset in the cargo bin. Make sure all those are reset. ����*♂️

YES! +1 to that. I had the same thing happen with a GFCI outlet in the basement that I didn't even know I had.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote