Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2019, 07:26 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Question "New 2007" National Pacifica

Hi Everyone,

I am strongly considering downsizing from a 40' 5th wheel by purchasing a 2007 National Pacifica motor coach (36.5 ft.) from the original private owner and with 8060 miles. I have limited to no knowledge of the mechanics of a motor home. I have researched the Cat 360 motor and have read pros/cons on this motor vs the Cummins...... Seems kinda like asking someone if they prefer chocolate or vanilla ice-cream....? The rest of the issues are cosmetic and can be addressed reasonably. Inside is pristine. Cost is $30K below the low end in the NADA book. Does anyone have any words of wisdom on this motor coach in general? Your thoughts on the performance of a motor coach that has been housed for so long? And for you experienced RVers, would you even consider such a purchase? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.....KatyAnn:
katyannT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2019, 07:36 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
I have owned a 40ft Pacifica for 7 years & love the layout. Well built & good quality. The Cat 360 is a good motor but needs the maintenance like all diesels . . All coaches have minor issues. Tom 07 Pacifica
TOM356C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:04 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
As long as all the systems work I would do that deal in a heartbeat. The money you're saving could be used to "fix" anything that you find that doesn't work right. I would have a reliable shop do an inspection before you buy just to be sure. The Pacifica is my favorite National and is what I would look for if my wife and I ever decide to get rid of our National SeaBreeze LX.

Al
FLRosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 12:18 AM   #4

What a nice find! You won't be sorry with the quality of a National coach. Would love to have found a deal like that when I bought mine 9 months ago, though we're very happy with 2004 Dolphin we bought with 12,700 miles on it.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:45 PM   #5

Do It

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyannT View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am strongly considering downsizing from a 40' 5th wheel by purchasing a 2007 National Pacifica motor coach (36.5 ft.) from the original private owner and with 8060 miles. I have limited to no knowledge of the mechanics of a motor home. I have researched the Cat 360 motor and have read pros/cons on this motor vs the Cummins...... Seems kinda like asking someone if they prefer chocolate or vanilla ice-cream....? The rest of the issues are cosmetic and can be addressed reasonably. Inside is pristine. Cost is $30K below the low end in the NADA book. Does anyone have any words of wisdom on this motor coach in general? Your thoughts on the performance of a motor coach that has been housed for so long? And for you experienced RVers, would you even consider such a purchase? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.....KatyAnn:
You will not find a better coach anywhere. You can look, and look and look and not find a coach that can touch a National. I looked at a 2008 Pacifica in the new stage and made a mistake by not buying it. We have a 2003 Tradewinds and have looked and looked but can not find anything as good as what we have.
Revleroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:30 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
We have had our 02 tradewinds for 3 yrs and 20k mi. We have spent 3-5 mos each year out on the road with it and have no complaints. No rattles or squeaks. Drives like it’s on rails, pulls hills passing big trucks. Fit and finish are great. Spartan chassis, 330hp Cat.
We did update the interior and electronics and got ahead of maintenance schedules.
We are considering moving to a 45’ coach in the fall and there are only a couple of manufacturers that we consider on par with National. We just wish they had made a 45’!
BOOZE TRAVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:41 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
12 years old and that low of miles may come with problems, just from not being used.

has all maintenance been done? oil ever changed? chassis greased? genset run every month?.

records?

and all the other stuff that should have been done in 12 years.

Diesel coaches have high maintenance costs, if you can't do some of them yourself.

I have a 04 Tropical and love it.

sounds like a good buy, but plan on putting a least 5K into it, little things add up.

You will also need a tow car, with breaks and lights etc....

Tom

Tags
national