As some of you may know from the Workhorse Chassis forum, I had a leak that I thought may have been transmission fluid and I could not figure out where it was coming from.
Well fortunately, it was not transmission related and it ended up being a radiator coolant leak. Because of where it was and all the wind/fanned air across the top of engine, it made finding the source really difficult.
This leak was on a hose splice between the heater core and the top of the engine. It would not leak at idle but would start at about 1500 RPM and get worse as the RPMs increased.
Once I found it (I had to remove the engine cover and have the wive rev the engine while I looked for the leak), I found that one of the hose clamps at the splice was not 100% tight.
I cut about 1/2 inch off the end of the hose (just to make sure it would seal good), reconnected it and tightened the hose clamp.
Unfortunately, this is one of those things that can happen during assembly and fortunately, it ended up only being a small leak. It would not have been good if the hose completly let loose.
SO, as a recommendation for those who do their own inspections, double check your hose connections once in a while. It may save you some frustration.
Mike and Linda
2 little doges Lola and Tilly
2008 National Dolphin DX35Ci, 2007 Saturn VUE