Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2021, 08:04 PM   #1

New owner of a 2007 6342 LX and need help. Special circumstances.

Hi all. This may be my first post here. I am a fairly seasoned rv-er, having owned and travelled with a 2002 Airstream 25’ Classic for 10 years, but this is my current story. I hope you read it until the end, and can give me ongoing help/support.
Sept. ‘20, my wife and I had to evacuate our property during the wildfires in Oregon, the Beachie Creek fire, and our home, everything, was lost. We got into a very nice rv park in Salem, Phoenix RV Park. After several months in the Airstream, it became too small, and we bought the Dolphin from an employee of the park, and it was fine for a few months, when we had to buy a small house for my wife, Diana.
First, the backside of the Norcold fridge had to be replaced, which I accepted as normal, and the replacement was bettert han the OEM.
Long story short, I moved the Dolphin to our property, once the hazard trees were taken down, to live in, for the duration. No water, no electric, and I ran the drain to our septic tank.
Lately, I have been preparing it for winter. The east winds(because of no trees left to be a wind break) in the morning,and sometimes all night, are very strong. The wind hitting the slide outs are causing the slide out awnings to flap wildly, and the wind against the sides shakes the whole rv through the night. I have remedied that.
I have sealed off most of the underside using 1 1/2” rigid foam. I think this will prevent freezing temps later on.
I have finally gotten temporary electric service and my well pump replaced, so I have that.
Initially, I put well over 100 hours on the generator, then it quit with a fault 41. It is an Onan, but can get along without it. I think it might be due to low gas in the tank. I was always seeing full gas tank on the dashboard panel, but I recently realized that was false, due to ignition key in wrong position. It’s actually below 1/4 tank, so I think it is no gas supply to the gen.
I know I am rambling, but what I really need is a quick place to get help or answers if something comes up. I didn’t mention that my Inverter and transfer switch have also failed, but I have a good RV repairman (Oak Park, Salem Or) working on it.
Thanks for your time reading this. I will keep this thread updated, but please at least chime in if you have a similar Dolphin. Thanks
Colby Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2021, 09:46 PM   #2

WELCOME!

Sorry your 1st post is due to problems.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here that can help with just about any/every issue that might occur
So post any questions/concerns etc and you will get responses

AS for the Gen....
Fuel pickup tube is higher (roughly 1/4 tank) so gen will not suck Fuel tank empty and leave you stranded W/O any fuel to operate engine

Slide toppers.....
Wind ----beach balls placed under topper can help stop the flapping
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007, need help, new owner