Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2017, 02:18 PM   #57

Tiffin Owners Club
If you insulate the incoming water line that runs into your motorhome that is all you need to do. Keep you motorhome heated and normal flushing water showers etc you will be fine. Water won't freeze if it is moving. Keep your basement lights on.

You can always put a droplight down in your basement/cabinet with a lightbulb to keep it a little warm.
You can always dump red antifreeze in black or grey tanks if needed to keep from freezing. They make heating mats that you may be able to place next to Black tank, or Grey tank. I don't think you will need that.

One other thing you may do is buy a thermometer with wireless remotes. Mount some down in you basement or compartments. Then you can monitor temperature underneath the motorhome. I have done that , then I always know what the temp is in my basement
What part of Texas you in?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2017, 06:37 PM   #58

were actually in Dallas southeast sub.
Brittwa52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:06 AM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Are you still looking for hatch door keys? There is a # on the lock it's hard to see but it there. Mine is a TriMark 500. If you can't find a key PM me and I'll send you a copy.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-03-2017, 08:21 PM   #60

Thanks tmw188
No they had the keys that lock the hatches all of them...we did a walk through today and everything worked. Good to know this I appreciate it

And thanks Wayne great information there buddy Thank all you guys for your experinced and well informed information were so glad we found this site.

They put a new delta faucet in the kitchen with new water Inline filter , they replaced the shower main glass door and replace the faucet and shower head in there too with new delta products the real thing (no plastic.)

The Gen runs smooth and starts up good they did change the oil in the Cat Engine and it seems to Run fine no off vibration and it runs smooth,,we went through all the lights and switches, slides run in and out No Problems & awnings and slide toppers work great.

I checked for leaks under the rear and front end..no leaks, wiper washers and wipers work ok windshield no dings or cracks, both TV's are brand new 32 in in bedroom mounted on a swivel and upgrade with hinges and behind the TV is secret compartment for storage * (large space)

All storage bins were dry and clean no water damage that I seen, they also had put some premium carpet and tiles in the front. Outside storage was clean seals all good locks all worked lights in all the compartments worked and some had pull out storage bins all the way through (3 I think)... larger water tanks and Black tanks,,,A/C's all worked good and cold furnaces all worked ok..
Tires were like new but said they were 2011's had no weather rot and good deep tread at least 4/32..Lol just kidding wheel seals not leaking the wheels were actually Chrome not wheel simulators no sighs of rust ect,,ect,,

We paid half down and finance the rest $$ 41.000 We did get a extended warranty that covers most mechanical parts on the engine tranny and genny (its Onan diesel 8000 90 hrs and rear differential, 100%
However its not so good for the coach like cosmetic things ect,,,ect,, the dealer honors the warranty but Also can be used all over the USA and Canada ..

We were pleased with it but didn't get to drive it home today we had not purchased the state required Insurance so the dealer would not let it leave their lot as we can understand that.

So we go back Monday and take our insurance and pick it up.

I may not be back on here for a few days until we get set up and internet going and the TV's all set up they all were working good todat at the RV LOT ...
After all was said and done there were no sewer hose...I ask the dealer if he would get me a new sewer hose he said no not at the price he sold it to me..I said well that's pretty ******'' He said yep they are at that Lol...Of course we were both just teasing each other...he ended up giving me a new Rhine-no sewer hose kit in the box the hose part that fits into the ground part had different sizes that looked kinda like a funnel that you just push it into the sewer part until it fits tight...he even bought our lunch today...so so for were very please with the service..and they will do our RV services....while were home and if we need anything just to give them a call.

I'll come back and post in a few days or week maybe.

Thanks everyone!!!
Old 11-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #61

Well back at our son house.
Went to pick the RV Today and they had it in the shop.

The dealer apologized that they never called...but what happen they were getting the RV all clean up and washed, and then they inspected it and put a new state inspection sticker on it and they decided to take it out on the road for test drive, the heater never would get warm and the temp gauge would not work right...so they brought it back to the shop and took out the Engine Thermostat...replacing it with a new one...so we try again tomorrow.

I had thought long and hard on buying extra extended warranty but we decided not to.

but now I am confused a little,
the extended insurance warranty is expensive

for 1 year its like 600.00 down and 376.00 a month for 10 months(for 1 year) for a total price 45,00, (2 years) 65.00 for 2 years 85,00 (3 years) ...its a hard decision but to pay that kind of $$ and may not never need it? It good they caught the defective thermostat before I got the R.V. And its just coincidental that happen but the dealer is taking care of it.
Note:those figures may not be correct but its something close to that.

I did mention to the finance guy that that was a little to expensive for us...we will pass on it...they decided they didn't want us to drive off in the RV with no service warranty..so they are giving us a 90 day all parts /labor warranty. I think at 300.00 so we may take that deal...and drive the RV During those 90 days and see how many repairs if needed..then we may check out other extended warranty's. if a lot of repairs the dealer did mention they never know how a RV is going to run until they check it out..and this particular one they really had no time to check it out as they just got it in a day before we looked at it...so there finding things wrong...were glad maybe this is all the repairs it may need? we hope.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:05 PM   #62

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm a bit confused about your extended service contract numbers: In your post# 39, it seemed it would be $1500 a year for three years (total $4500) Now, if I read correctly, you would have to pay $4360 for one year....up to $8500 for a three year contract ? Hope I am wrong.

In my post# 41, I advised we just bought a five year contract $900 a year. $4500 total. Did you check this out ? A lot of folks think this is nuts and we should bank $75 a month for five years to equal $4500. We think otherwise and monthly payments for us do not bust the budget.

BTW in my post# 41, I said seals and gaskets were not included. I see down at the bottom they are included.

So.....why not $300 for a 90 day service contract (not a warranty) to see how it shakes out. Read every word and get it signed by the RV dealer owner or GM, only.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:19 PM   #63

Roger that Scooter
yes sir I read your #41 post.

Actually I didn't have the contract # 's when I posted.
here they are I year, 3 year, 5 year

1 year contract or 12.000 miles 4550/8,190 for the year or 682,50 monthly.

3 year contract or 36000 miles 6555/6.204 for 36 months or 517 monthly

5 year contract ( not figured)

I don't understand these figures but the longer you go the cheaper the rates.

I just think this is way to expensive...and Yes I pay pay the fiddle if this RV is a Lemon.

but if its a great RV and don't give us any problems...then we made a good choice by not purchasing these contracts. but who can predict the future or'' BREAKDOWNS''

These contracts are assign by USWC (United States Warranty Corporation)
Eagle Plus Plan
Info@USWCEAGLE.COM

This plan seems like a good plan..and I would love to have the peace of mind but I suppose its what a person can afford and were on a fixed income.

We just need to believe in our New Used RV and tr to take care of her and maintenance her when its needed or required and drive it right.

If we breakdown all we can do is pay the tow to bring it back to our space and try to get it going the best way I can...
This will be our home sweet home.

We plan on saving extra for general repairs or emergency repairs.
We Also hope we don't have a lot of costly repairs its just a chance 50/50 chance I suppose.
so the 90 day warranty the dealer offered we will take and hope for the best.

This RV is a 2005 year not a 2006 like we thought. it was manufactured in 2005 as whats by the door so we assumed it was a 2006.

2005 National RV TropiCal 370 LX 350 Cat engine with turbo charger.
Allison 300 Automatic Transmission

Frightliner Chassis

28.678 MILES
Old 11-08-2017, 01:33 PM   #64

Hey Everyone!!!
Went and drove the RV Today it drives great and handles great turns sharp (55% (radius) everything works good on it it practically drives like a brand new one feels good and tight no wobbles or play in the steering it takes curves very well and it was raining today they replaced the wiper blades.
I ran the genny while I drove it ....>all and everything seem to work just fine.

Although I can't take it home today (bummer)...they change the oil and filter and grease everything that needed greased but they failed to replace the transmission oil and flush it out, so I wanted them to do that and also replace the fuel filter which I will pay for, I don't want to have to worry about the oil changed in the engine and transmission for a while and not knowing how long its been ect,,ect,, it very well could have the original factory oil in it? 28.000 miles plus give or take a few.

Dealer Agreed with me that if they are not sure when this oil was change in the engine and transmission then it needs to be change to have peace of mind.
There were no manual's on this RV or any log of the oil being replaced so the dealer is doing it at no charge.
so we suppose to get it tomorrow I will drive it Approx 75 miles tomorrow to our RV Space.
We are getting Excited.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:40 AM   #65

Hello Brit & Brenda

My DH, Ron. and I are also new to the iRV2 Forum. We have had RV's for many years and recently picked up a 2007 Sea Breeze LX.

Thank you for your service. Ron served as a Marine in Vietnam from 1966-67.
OhioBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:45 AM   #66

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBrutus View Post
My DH, Ron. and I are also new to the iRV2 Forum. We have had RV's for many years and recently picked up a 2007 Sea Breeze LX.

Welcome to the Forum, tell Ron I said Semper Fi and Happy Birthday tomorrow.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:26 PM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBrutus View Post

You be sure to thank ole Ron for fighting in that horrible war over in Vietnam brave young men they where as the others who have served us.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:23 PM   #68

hi everyone
Well we have the RV I drove it about 75miles on the interstate and it drives great one time I had it up to 72mph so I slowed it down to about 65.
that engine runs good and has lots of power to spare.

We made it to our space at the RV Park we rented.

At first I had a hard time leveling it, the jacks when into the ground to deep and would not level the RV....I then went got a couple of 18 in 2 in cement squares and put down, I had to back it in and the rear is facing North Northeast up-hill and a slant to the right, I got the jacks back up/cleaned off and put some 2x6's on the cement squares and level the RV .

I had problems hooking up the water , this coach as a built in water regulator but I hook up one on the faucet to see how much water pressure and it was around 40 psi/45/psi..so i disconnected the regulator beings the RV had one built in, but I had a hard to with it leaking at the connection on the RV, finally I put a new washer in the connector and it stopped leaking.

Now we been here for about 5 days now and had company one night but now the black tanks need empty out?

I was just going to find the black tank and pull the plunger open as I have the sewer line/hose hook into the septic tank here on the side of the RV.
NOT SURE HOW THATS GOING TO WORKOUT? I will empty the gray water tank also.

We have been told to not let the black tank empty straight into the septic tank to wait until the black tank is at least 3/4 full before emptying it? ..so according to the wall monitor for the black tank it is 3/4 full.
is this correct?

We had to run the furnace the other night got down to a crisp 39 % it seem to work ok.... one thing I am not sure of we are connected to 50 amp and the amps are working great on the serge protector I have plug into the RV Service shows green lights that its ok. EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE WORKING OK HOTWATER HEATER ALL LIGHTS FANS ECT,,ECT,,,

what concerns me is my engine faces north northeast and when it gets below freezing/ & wings chill factor is down to 0 or below...the engine is not protected it has a grill and then the radiator, should I turn on the engine heat block and cover that grill up with plywood or something to protect that area from the cold winds? I believe the engine has coolant (anti-frez)in it.

The dealer said that when we get hooked up to 50 Amp service the battteries will all be kept fully charged due to a switch...for us to not ever turn that switch off...I am not sure what it is? but we read the Manuel...which they found in the back bedroom closet. Thank Goodness!

any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:55 PM   #69

National RV Owners Club
I always pull the gray tank open and then shut it after some water runs out. WHY?? This way I know that the sewer hose is connected correctly before I open the black water tank and there are no leaks.
Also, check your batteries about twice a month. There is a battery system that makes filling the batteries a lot easier by using a squeeze bulb and a gallon of distilled water. I have 4 6volt batteries and only hook up to two hoses to fill all four batteries. When the bulb gets hard to squeeze your batteries are full. Great system, can't remember the name, maybe someone on here can.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:36 AM   #70

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
ProFill very nice

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

Tags
forum