Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
No heat from bedroom outlet

I was recently camping and had to use the furnace. The front outlets by the entry door really poured out the heat but I got none in the bathroom and bedroom. I tried to see the hoses but could not. Is this normal for a Dolphin or is there a fix? Do others have this problem?

08 Dolphin on WorkHorse W24
LeeSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2009, 09:36 PM   #2

If yours is anything like my '05 Seabreeze, the heater air flow to the bedroom is blocked by the sliding door between kitchen and bathroom. They have tried to route it down and under the coach to clear the obstruction, but it doesn't work. If you crawl underneath you will see what I mean. I have been unable to come up with a fix.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:45 AM   #3

I had this problem while it was still under warranty and took it to Perris. They did something that resulted in some air but not much at the bedroom. In the process, they replaced several of the outlets with the type that can be adjusted for flow. If I close or reduce the flow up forward, the flow in the bedroom will increase. I think there is no doubt that the big metal plenum is designed to favor the forward area. You can see some of the hoses under the refrig if you remove that screen panel. Sorry I can't be more specific.
KentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:38 AM   #4

I had issues with the heat ducts on my Gulfstream and they allowed my dealer to cut a new vent under warranty. I bought vent covers with dampers as well. These two things combined helped. You could have an obstruction as well. The real "fix" for me was to buy a little Honeywell space heater to even the heat out.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
My problem is different. I have heat in the aft end, but I don't get it out of the bathroom register. Any suggestions as to why.
YosemiteBobR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #6

IF I recall, the bathroom is just a "T" from the line going to the bedroom. You might get in there and remove the vent cover and see if something is in there blocking the flow. Or it could be that it is one of the adjustable dampers and it is broken in the closed position.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Yep, it was broken inside. I removed the grill entirely and out came the heat. Camping workld here i come.
YosemiteBobR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #8

Hoorah
Old 03-15-2009, 10:02 PM   #9

I had the same problem with my 2005 T350 Tropical.....removed the hoses and found insulation stuffed in the hoses...thought they may have done this to limit the amount of air ...the thermostat is in the bedroom and the room is small....removed the insulation and works fine....

Honda CR-V
Harry S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:11 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I carry 2 small ceramic cube heaters. I use one up front and one on the bathroom counter. It keeps the RV nice and warm, in 15 to 20 degree weather.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueii View Post
I carry 2 small ceramic cube heaters. I use one up front and one on the bathroom counter. It keeps the RV nice and warm, in 15 to 20 degree weather.
Right on, small heaters do a great job.
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueii View Post

How do you keep your tanks and lines from freezing. If the tanks are heated with the propane furnace, does using the electric heat interfere with this?
Old 03-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyders27 View Post
How do you keep your tanks and lines from freezing. If the tanks are heated with the propane furnace, does using the electric heat interfere with this?
Most of the cold weather I have been in, was just durning the night. It takes a while for the tanks to get cold enough to freese. I run the furnance for a while in the morning. Iff I am expecting cold down into the teens, I may set the therostat on the furnance to cut in around 58/60 degrees.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:03 AM   #14

During the winter, we only get the occasional freeze (mid 20's overnight or maybe a few days at a time).
I don't winterize, since we make lots of weekend trips, all year. I make sure the propane tank is full, and I am plugged into 110V to keep the batteries up while in storage. Then I set the thermostat to 40 degrees F. I also open up the cabinet doors under all of the sinks. I have done this for several years now, and have never had any problems with freezing pipes or tanks.
TropiCal-Tex is offline   Reply With Quote