Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-25-2018, 10:30 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Novice boondockers

Going boondocking for the 1st time ever, in our new (to us) 1996 29 ft. SeaBreeze. Need a little help....... do we run the water pump only when needed? Other than just plugging the 30amp power cord into the generator, is there a switch somewhere in the coach I need to flip? I think I know the answers but I want to get advice from the experienced. Thanks for replies.

Ed Mc
Cpl Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2018, 07:28 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Usually we leave our pump On the entire outing but may turn it off if we are away from the campsite for an extended period.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:29 PM   #3

You can leave the pump on as your water system is a demand system and only comes on when it sees a pressure drop(faucet turned on, toilet flushed, etc.).

Are you talking about your on-board generator?

If yes - You do not need to plug you power cord into the generator.

If it's an external portable generator - Turn the generator on, let it run for a bit, plug your cord in. It's just like plugging your cord into a 120v power source. The coach does all the switching automatically.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:51 PM   #4

We leave the pump turned on all the time . It only runs when there is a demand for water. If your coach has a built in generator , it should have a transfer switch that will automatically connect the generator to the coach when it is started. If you don't have a transfer switch, then you plug the shore cord into the generator. If using an external generator , you can plug your coach into the 30amp 120volt outlet (DO NOT use the 120/240 volt outlet on the generator . You will probably need an adapter.

Before you leave on your trip , check everything out in your driveway.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:05 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Hmmm, we have the factory generator on out 02 Seabreeze and I have always plugged the 50 amp shore power cord into the receptacle in the electric compartment when running the generator. I figured thatís why itís there. I didnít think we had a transfer switch. Will test it next time.
TC Wndsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:23 PM   #6

Leave the water pump ON. You'll know if the system has an issue if you hear the pump cycling when no one is showering, doing dishes, or flushing the toilet. It's an "on demand" system, so if you don't turn on the water, the pump should be silent.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:47 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Wndsr View Post
Hmmm, we have the factory generator on out 02 Seabreeze and I have always plugged the 50 amp shore power cord into the receptacle in the electric compartment when running the generator. I figured that’s why it’s there. I didn’t think we had a transfer switch. Will test it next time.
If you don't have a transfer switch you need to do the above. The receptacle is powered by the on-board generator.
We normally leave the pump on all the time. I do turn it off when we go to bed and turn back on in the morning. We dry camp 90% of the time.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote