Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2017, 08:13 PM   #15

What model number do you have? You can use that to determine whether it is an inverter charger or not. 500 watts is plenty for most everything other than heaters or refrigerators. Charging phones and puters is fine.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2017, 04:45 PM   #16

using microwave without plugging into shorepower

i was wondering if i can use my microwave oven by starting and running
my generator? thanks
mr. seaview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:39 PM   #17

Yes, you should be able to run all of your AC items with the generator. It is just like and a substitute to shore power.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:59 PM   #18

bad coaxial cable

was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with your coaxial cable in
the overhead tv cabinet? From what i understand is the coaxial cable runs
from the overhead tv cabinet thru the roof all the way back to the outside
bin in the back and is attached to the outlet fitting that is for your cable tv
hookup when you are at a campground providing cable tv hook up.

my problem is when i attach my short coax cable to the campsite cable tv
at the post i get no cable signal. i know the cable signal is good at the
campground hookup as i have had them come to my campsite with a small
tv and they said the signal was fine and working properly.

my question now is it possible that my coaxial cable that runs through my
roof is bad or maybe broken?

i am thinking of just attaching a new coxial cable to my old cable and in the
overhead tv cabinet and pulling it all the way through the roof and back to
my cable hook up terminal in the back outside bin?

any other thoughts or ideas on what i can do to fix my cable problem? i know there are some pretty sharp tv experts on this site.

i will eventually get a satellite dish but for now it would be nice to get cable
tv at the campgrounds. my roof antenna works ok at some places but not
lot of channel selections.. some campgrounds no roof antenna signal.

thanks for any help
Old 02-04-2017, 08:12 AM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That was interesting.. From converters and plugged in 24x7 to Coax. I will address both
Part 1: plugged in. Depends on the converter.. They come in 3 types for this discussion.

Magnetek 6300 (I would suspect any magnetek) is an old single stage with next to no regulation, it was well known for damaging batteries.. Many years ago (not sure exactly when) parallex bought Magnetek.. Dumped the 6300 as a bad idea and makes the 7300, this is a single stage converter with very good regulation,, Much better, you can leave it powered full tim9e but.. Check batteries often during the first year at least.. Then adjust schedule as needed. Often means at least once a month. Applies to ALL converters by the way.
The parallex 7300T (Tea for two and two for Tea) is a TWO stage converter, timed bulk.. Same comments apply.

Now stepping up from there we have 3 stage and 3-stage PLUS converters... The best (in my not very humble and very well researched opinionj) is the Progressive Dynamics Intella-power series with Wizard Control.. IE 9200 (Wizard built in) or 9100 with optional wizard plugged in,,, However it's not alone in the "Best" category by a rather long list.

Some can be programmed for different battery types as well (The Wizard can not do that)

Finally we have Inverter/converters... These act kind of like a computer UPS only.. MORE SO!!!. (in fact mine the TV's don't blink, the Microwave still shows the correct time.. In fact if not for loss of park internet and A/C i might well not notice a power fail here)

Most of these compete with the Intella-power charger wise, Good 3-stage, often programmable, plus one or more additional features.

With anything made in this century.. I'd not worry about full time powered,, but I did check the batteries monthly for the first year,, I reduced it to quarterly after the first year based on what happened .. When it got to the point where quarterly was not often enough, Replacement was indicated (9 years and change)
Old 02-04-2017, 10:32 AM   #20

inverter etc.

thank you wa8yxm that helps me understand it now a lot better/

now if i can just figure out why i have no cable tv signal i will be ok.

thanks again

Tags
batteries, charging, house batteries