Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #1

parts

I have called all the people listed by people on this forum and they all tell me they know nothing about the kind of headlight i have on my 2000, model 7373 MH. And dont seem they want to be very helpful. They all want a picture of the headlight. One would think since they are in the RV business they would know something about what they purchased from National Rv after it went bellyup. Rivrduk
rivrduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2010, 03:47 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Duk

I installed four of these in my 1999 Tradewinds.
http://www.brandsport.com/wagl-h6054bl.html
I bought them at a local auto parts store for about $10.00 each.

Just remove the fiber glass cover and then the four screws holding the ring around the bulb. The connector under the boot fits with no adjustments required if you don't move the two adjustment screws or the spring.

These are completely sealed but there are others available that have the removable bulbs. I needed new reflectors so these filled the bill nicely. The original ones have the removable bulbs, type #9003 according to the users manual page 12-7. Type H4 is the new part also available at any Auto Parts store if you just need the bulb and not the reflector and are replaceable from the back without removeing anything but the boot and bulb.
http://www.amazon.com/Hella-HLA-H83140101-12V-Halogen-Bulb/dp/B000CO7NGI/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1293576261&sr= 1-3

Dick
Old 12-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had bad reflectors so I bought Hellas (complete with bulbs). This is an expensive option, I wish I asked Dick before I bought.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:17 AM   #4

Thank you so much, i am on my way to the auto parts store right now. My, you and others have been so helpful to this pilgrim to the MH Fleet. Rivrduk
Old 12-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #5

Went to the auto parts store, got four bulbs and am going to replace all for of them. The first one i took off, outside passenger side the two fastners at the top of the ring were not still welded to the ring. so the bulb wanted to tilt forward. I checked every parts store for a ring, and even went to all the salvage yards, and finally found one that was on a chevrolet pickup but the holes for the screws did not match up, so i took the ring to a welder to see if he could reattach the two parts that the screws go through to hold the top of the bulb tight. He said he thought he could but the material is so thin he is not sure. If he cant, i will try to use some southern engineering to make the chevrolet one work as i am sure that the one i need can never be found. Rivrduk
Old 12-29-2010, 09:51 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Duk
These look like they will do the job.
Amazon.com: Dorman HELP! 42407 Headlamp Retaining Ring: Automotive

Here is a second source.
Dorman - Help Headlamp Retaining Ring - 42407

The 42407 ring is made for the 6054 bulb.
Quote Dorman.
"Kit contains 1 steel 2-lamp rectangular system retaining ring and 4 screws; used with 6054 bulb. "

Dick
Old 12-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivrduk View Post
Went to the auto parts store, got four bulbs and am going to replace all for of them. The first one i took off, outside passenger side the two fastners at the top of the ring were not still welded to the ring. so the bulb wanted to tilt forward. I checked every parts store for a ring, and even went to all the salvage yards, and finally found one that was on a chevrolet pickup but the holes for the screws did not match up, so i took the ring to a welder to see if he could reattach the two parts that the screws go through to hold the top of the bulb tight. He said he thought he could but the material is so thin he is not sure. If he cant, i will try to use some southern engineering to make the chevrolet one work as i am sure that the one i need can never be found. Rivrduk
I broke a couple of these tabs off of one of my rings. I took it to a welding shop and they just spotwelded it back, no problems with it burning through.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #8

Got mine welded, and have the headlamp installed. All went well. I thank you. Rivrduk
Old 12-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #9

I bought the same ones you did and i now have them installed. Thanks alot, i dont know what i would do without you and Vegasdan. You are so much help to me, but i am learning and i will pass it on to others. Rivrduk
Old 12-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivrduk View Post
I bought the same ones you did and i now have them installed. Thanks alot, i dont know what i would do without you and Vegasdan. You are so much help to me, but i am learning and i will pass it on to others. Rivrduk
No problem, you just owe us a cuppa coffee someday.