RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:00 PM   #1

Passenger Side Power Visor

I need to order a new Carefree of CO Power Visor for my 2004 Dolphin. My moho is about an hour away from my present location, so I can't just run out and look at it. I'm hoping someone on here might know the length of the passenger side visor and whether the wiring comes out the right side or the left side of the visor. Thanks in advance!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2021, 10:53 PM   #2

I finally got over to the storage yard to measure the sun visors, and they are 25" I believe that the originals were Carefree of Colorado PowerVisor II, which is apparently a discontinued model. In fact, I don't see that C of C makes a front visor less than 30" wide these days, which simply won't fit as the TV cabinet gets in the way.

Has anyone managed to find a power visor that will fit in the Dolphin? Both passenger and driver's side seemed to be the same size. I would even settle for a manual roll-up model, but it needs to have the metal scissor arms to keep it from slapping the windshield when going down the road.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamJam1 View Post
I finally got over to the storage yard to measure the sun visors, and they are 25" I believe that the originals were Carefree of Colorado PowerVisor II, which is apparently a discontinued model. In fact, I don't see that C of C makes a front visor less than 30" wide these days, which simply won't fit as the TV cabinet gets in the way.

Has anyone managed to find a power visor that will fit in the Dolphin? Both passenger and driver's side seemed to be the same size. I would even settle for a manual roll-up model, but it needs to have the metal scissor arms to keep it from slapping the windshield when going down the road.
You can find used ones at the junk yards. There are 2 RV junk yards in the midwest you can research. Google is your friend on this. This company may have some: http://www.nwrvsupply.com. Might also contact this guy: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-Power-Vi...QAAOSw701f82xI
Mile Marker 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:11 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
National RV also used Auto-Motion Shade | Flexi-Visors | Guided & Constant Tension Shades | Dual Roller Shades | Single Roller Shades | Cellular Shades | Pleated Shades | Privacy-View Shades | Specialty Products
Richard S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile Marker 42 View Post
You can find used ones at the junk yards. There are 2 RV junk yards in the midwest you can research. Google is your friend on this. This company may have some: Northwest RV Supply. Might also contact this guy: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-Power-Vi...QAAOSw701f82xI
Thanks for the response, though it's a little funny really as I LIVE on Google. I tried a couple of RV salvage yards already and got nowhere, but I'll give those folks a try.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:10 PM   #6

Thanks Richard. Great information! I may have located a manual Automotion shade. I just need to double check my measurements before ordering.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:29 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
If your original shade has a failed motor, or you want to power that manual replacement, the swap is pretty easy. I did both of my automotion shades several years ago.Automotion Power Shade Rebuild Using RollerTrol Tubular Motor.pdf
MikeandRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRuth View Post
If your original shade has a failed motor, or you want to power that manual replacement, the swap is pretty easy. I did both of my automotion shades several years ago.Attachment 315862
Thanks for that information. I had seen those kits and wondered if it was possible to convert a manual visor to power. I scored a new Automotion Flex-Visor on E-Bay for $60, so I'll consider converting it to a powered unit if DW doesn't like the manual setup. Switches and wiring are already there, but passenger's visor was missing when I bought the moho.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:14 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
I filled in the holes with light weight lumber and and put in 2 full size blinds from care free stopped 90 % of the bright sunlight
2inclassof56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2inclassof56 View Post
I filled in the holes with light weight lumber and and put in 2 full size blinds from care free stopped 90 % of the bright sunlight
I thought about doing that too, but since my driver's visor is good I think I might just get a third manual visor to go under the TV and possibly another for the side window on the driver's side for those times when the sun is just off to the side of the visor. Hard to go wrong at $60 for an Automotion shade.

Tags
power