Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2010, 06:08 PM   #1

Please help identify...

These are photos from a '95 Dolphin. I am trying to identify the water ports in these pictures.

Picture one shows the location of both of the inlets. Picture two is the inlet under the shower and three is the one over the sewer plumbing. Please, if you know (and are not guessing) let me know what each of them is, thank you for the help. I just purchased this motorhome and am still finding things!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	6771

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	6772

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	6773
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #2

I am guessing but this is similar to my coach, the tap by the shower is the water tank fill and the red switch should switch from city fill or potable water tank fill. The outlet on the plastic tank is probably the flush for your black water tank.
woodlodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
You can test this. Hook the hose up to the inlet next to the red lever. Turn on the water in one position you will have water pressure and if you turn on the outside faucet with the pump turned off it will work. With the red lever in the other position you will hear the water tank filling. The other inlet is the back flush for the black tank. Do not use this without opening the black tank drain. If you back flush with the drain closed and get distracted it will blow out the air vent, Don't ask how I know this. It also looks like you have the handles for the tank drains switched as the silver one should be on the small or gray water line and the black one should be in the large black tank drain.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #4

Woodlodge is correct. I had a 95 Dolphin 533 and it had the same outdoor shower setup. The inlet next to the red handle is for a city water connection. The red handle in one position it will allow you to fill your fresh water tank in the other position it will provide water to the coach and you will not have to have the water pump turned on. I marked which position the valve had to be in for the different functions. I guessing here but I think I remember, the position your valve is in in the picture would be the city water position. The inlet in the other compartment appears to go directly into the black water holding tank. It is more than likely a flush to be used when you empty your holding tanks. As bdpreece mentioned use this inlet only when the black flush valve is open and you are properly connected to a sewer at a dump station. (bdpreece won't ask. I'll leave it to my imagination) Do not use the same hose to connect to the flush and the fresh water inlet in the other compartment for sanitary reasons. A simple way to test the valve position would be to turn off all faucets in the coach. Connect a hose from your house or other source to the inlet next to the red handle. Turn on the water at the house and listen at the RV near the red handle. In one position you will hear the water running and filling your fresh water holding tank. That position is the fill position. In the other position you should not hear any water running and if the pump is off you will still get water at all the outlets in the motor home. You will also have water available at the outdoor shower.
Bill WA6YBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:45 AM   #5

Brilliant!!! Thank you all so much. I am going to get out my labeller and take care of this. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Tags
dolphin, identify, inlets, water