RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:20 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Possible Shower Drain Leak

Occaisonally I have water drip at the curb side rear wheel well. It appears that its coming from a leak in the shower drain. I have unsecured the sidehinged panel that exposes the holding tanks . One stubborn screw is all that is holding the side above the wheel well from being removed. Am I on the right track to get to the hub of the shower drain. I have caulked the inside area of the drain to see if the putty has been comprimised, not sure if it is internally threaded to the ABS drain or not. 2007 Tropical T330 on Freightliner chassis

dlajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2015, 09:33 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had a similar leak and thought it was the shower drain plumbing. I searched and searched to find the source of the leak. I don't know the layout of you MH, but my bathroom sink is next to the shower. I discovered that the water supply lines to the bathroom sink faucet were leaking. I replaced the faucet and converted to Sea-Tech fittings with shutoffs. Since then, I no longer have water in the wheel well.

kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:07 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Is the leak grey water or fresh water?
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:17 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
will put container out

Good question I'l have put container where leak drips and see if it contains soap suds from the shower
Old 10-04-2015, 09:05 PM   #5

I have water dripping near the passenger rear wheel. It is the refrigerator drain.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:19 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
more analysis

Does anyone know where to get plumbing diagram for the tropical 2007. Seems that there is some ABS plumbing connection connecting all the grey water going on under the toilet which mounted on a raised box, before I try to remove toilet and dis-assemble box that it sits on to figure out this leak, now appears to be the kitchen sink drain where it connects under that box before dumping into tank. Can't see anything from compartment below
Old 10-15-2015, 12:21 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Discovery of leak

Found my occaisional leak problem. It was the hot water in connection on the back of the shower valve. Seems it did not leak till the hot water reached max temp and the expansion because of the hot water increased pressure it would leak, when water cooled it would not leak. Teflon tape and snug tightning solved the issue.Still would like to know the pipe layout under the toilet pedestal.

Tags
leak, shower