Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-30-2021, 12:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker-bob View Post
I have a 2004 Dolphin. Ck this forum for the Evans valve. It controls changing from heat to cold. They are known to not close all the way and allow the heated water not to be closed. There is no guarantee that a new Evans valve will not be defective. I installed a new one - same results. I have installed brass valves inline [ on the heater hose from motor to the "box"] to be able to turn off the heated water. To have heat - open- to have ac- close.
Biker Bob,
I Searched the forum for Evans valve and didn't come up with anything. Do you by chance has the part number? Thanks
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2021, 09:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by YO_ View Post
Hi, have a 2004 Dolphin 36' and we have the Norcold 1200lrim. is yours the double door? Ours has 4 doors.
Mine only has two doors. I think the reason is that yours is a 36' and mine a 32'.
Old 10-31-2021, 12:28 PM   #17

Quote:
I have a 2004 Dolphin. Ck this forum for the Evans valve. It controls changing from heat to cold. They are known to not close all the way and allow the heated water not to be closed. There is no guarantee that a new Evans valve will not be defective. I installed a new one - same results. I have installed brass valves inline [ on the heater hose from motor to the "box"] to be able to turn off the heated water. To have heat - open- to have ac- close.
I Searched the forum for Evans valve and didn't come up with anything. Do you by chance has the part number? Thanks
Old 10-31-2021, 04:54 PM   #18

Went through the RV folder and found schematics for the wiring and a vacuum diagram. May that'll help me figure out the dash AC.
Old 11-01-2021, 12:21 PM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
Biker Bob,
When I changed the Evans valve , I didn't solve the problem. The heater core and the ac core are in the same box. That is why you get ac that isn't as cold. The Evans valve doesn't close tightly, allowing heat and cold to mix. New Evans valve was of no help, most are faulty. Eliminated it and put a 3/4 in brass valve to turn off heater water when using ac. Just makes it a manual process . Ck on IRV2 by typing ac and Evans valve.
biker-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 03:59 PM   #20

Quote:
When I changed the Evans valve , I didn't solve the problem. The heater core and the ac core are in the same box. That is why you get ac that isn't as cold. The Evans valve doesn't close tightly, allowing heat and cold to mix. New Evans valve was of no help, most are faulty. Eliminated it and put a 3/4 in brass valve to turn off heater water when using ac. Just makes it a manual process . Ck on IRV2 by typing ac and Evans valve.
Bob, Thanks,
That's easy to do. I'll give that a try. when in El Paso where they worked on it they did try a vice grip to shut off the water flow and that didn't seem to make a difference.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:48 AM   #21

National RV Owners Club
dash ac

Quote:
Bob, Thanks,
That's easy to do. I'll give that a try. when in El Paso where they worked on it they did try a vice grip to shut off the water flow and that didn't seem to make a difference.
More on ac .After curing the ac/heat mixture problem, best ac ever, then, ac died. New compressor [2] - equipment to pump and recharge to no avail. Freon unlimited- new valve in ac line [ can't remember it's name]. Over a $1000.00 spent to get it to function. No freon leakage that could be detected with dye. Refused to open box that ac was in because no freon shown with freon sniffer. Final solution: I installed a 15,000 btu roof ac/heat pump over driver and passenger compartment. It will cool the front [ turned down on lowest setting] while driving and when parked, it cools the whole rv. If my basement ac dies, I will install a 13,000 btu in the rear section. Long post, but when you look on this sight , you will see more - results than + results when dealing with dash ac. Wish I had went the roof ac route first. Good luck.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:21 PM   #22

Quote:
More on ac .After curing the ac/heat mixture problem, best ac ever, then, ac died. New compressor [2] - equipment to pump and recharge to no avail. Freon unlimited- new valve in ac line [ can't remember it's name]. Over a $1000.00 spent to get it to function. No freon leakage that could be detected with dye. Refused to open box that ac was in because no freon shown with freon sniffer. Final solution: I installed a 15,000 btu roof ac/heat pump over driver and passenger compartment. It will cool the front [ turned down on lowest setting] while driving and when parked, it cools the whole rv. If my basement ac dies, I will install a 13,000 btu in the rear section. Long post, but when you look on this sight , you will see more - results than + results when dealing with dash ac. Wish I had went the roof ac route first. Good luck.

Bob, that's certainly an option. I haven't spent the amount of money you have on the dash AC but well over $600. Several years ago I had a Winnebago pusher with basement air. That worked OK unless I was in AZ or TX during summer moths. I installed a roof AC and that worked well going down the highway or parked.
Old 11-08-2021, 04:52 PM   #23

National RV Owners Club
ac

Quote:
Bob, that's certainly an option. I haven't spent the amount of money you have on the dash AC but well over $600. Several years ago I had a Winnebago pusher with basement air. That worked OK unless I was in AZ or TX during summer moths. I installed a roof AC and that worked well going down the highway or parked.
Just remembered about a vacuum to the ac/heater in front of passenger seat under the dash .
Old 11-09-2021, 06:13 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamJam1 View Post
Interesting that you have a Norcold in your 2004 Dolphin and I have a Dometic NDR1062 in mine. Could they be ordered either way, or was it a mid-year change I wonder?
My Dometic from my 2002 gave out.....when the ammonia begins to leak...get out of the motorhome immediately. When I researched a replacement....they told me that certain model numbers of Dometic can be replaced with certain model Norcolds. My Dometic replacement would have cost me $1,500 plus shipping. The replacement Norcold would have cost me $1,500 with free shipping.
rshaw500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 02:05 PM   #25

Just to let you know I haven't given up on the dash AC. A little problem with testing positive for covid really put me out of commission for a month and I'm still not well (but at least not on a ventilator or listed in the obits column - life goes on but slowly now)
Old 12-06-2021, 08:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Just to let you know I haven't given up on the dash AC. A little problem with testing positive for covid really put me out of commission for a month and I'm still not well (but at least not on a ventilator or listed in the obits column - life goes on but slowly now)
Thank goodness it wasn't worse!! Wishing you a speedy recovery, Bob.

Tags
dolphin, ems, problem, problems