Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2009, 02:07 PM   #1

Problems with leveling jack operation.

Hello,
I have a 2002 Dolphin made by National RV. I have a problem with the electrical circuit that operates the leveling jacks, inside aux. fans, outside mirrors, and backup camera. I need help in troubleshooting that circuit as well as a guide through how the three relay switches under the dash are supposed to be hooked up. It seems a though the problem may be in the safety interconnect circuit, which I don't have a schematic for. Does anyone have any knowledge??.
Thanks for any help I can get.

Ron
rkilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkilb View Post
Hello,
I have a 2002 Dolphin made by National RV. I have a problem with the electrical circuit that operates the leveling jacks, inside aux. fans, outside mirrors, and backup camera. I need help in troubleshooting that circuit as well as a guide through how the three relay switches under the dash are supposed to be hooked up. It seems a though the problem may be in the safety interconnect circuit, which I don't have a schematic for. Does anyone have any knowledge??.

Ron
hi, I am having the same issue and we cannot locate the reset switch, there is a panel if you have one above the steering wheel on the dash, underneath that is the internal fuse panel and to the left of that is the aux fuse panel, the fuses are there for the camera, the jacks and the mirrors, the three 10A switches to the left are the washer /wiper then the camera, then the tv, the opposite side the right side is themirrors and I forgot the others there is a label at the bottom of the fuse panel that sits above it and to the right. however we have no blown fuses and you might not either, there is a reset switch, if you have found it can youplease let me know too. thanks more than frustrated.
JLCHERITAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
What you both should do is with a meter connect to a good ground , ground side of battery, and see if you have any voltage to the fuses. You may have a loose or dirty ground some wheres feeding a ground buss on the other side of your DC circuits.
There are grounds located on frame of coach feeding many of the circuits your having a problem with. If its a workhorse chassis there is a ground post on frame of coach up near your front bumper.

Try this link to get you started.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:26 AM   #4

thanks 007, we wil check the ground, however this problem occured after we had miswired our trailer hitch pigtail and we shorted something out, all the fuses check out OK . we are looking for a reset button or switch according to our dealer we have blown either a 50 amp or 75 amp fuse, but dammed if we can find it, we looked everywhere, in the outside fuse panel next to the inverter box, in the engine compartment, and even back by the generator, no luck, there was a reset button on the fuse panel inside the front passenger compartment where the inverter is, but that did not reset anything. Do you have any other ideas?
Old 05-13-2009, 07:51 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check in your battery compartment for a circut braker. Also check the braker on the back side of your 12 volt fuse distribution panel.
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:19 PM   #6

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkilb View Post
Hello,

Ron
Hi rkib, I saw that we had the same problem and just today, mu husband found the issue I don't know if it will be the same for you but it's worth a try. He opened went into the area where the inside fuse panel is above the steering wheel and then he followed the lead wire into the fuse panel, it is a red wire that looks slightly pinkish than red and it was loose, it was not all the way down, we think it was dislodged when we were checking the other fuses, so he pushed it back into the connection all the way and everything worked! It is a very loose panel and this can also dislodge if you went driving and it cna jog loose. Give it a shot. Unless you already solved the problem.
good luck
jlcheritage
Old 05-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";502085]What you both should do is with a meter connect to a good ground , ground side of battery, and see if you have any voltage to the fuses. You may have a loose or dirty ground some wheres feeding a ground buss on the other side of your DC circuits.
There are grounds located on frame of coach feeding many of the circuits your having a problem with. If its a workhorse chassis there is a ground post on frame of coach up near your front bumper.

Try[b][URL="http://ezinearticles.com/?RV-Tip:-Troubleshooting-a-12-volt-DC-Problem&id=183620
this link[/url][/b] to get you started.
thanks, but we found the problem, after days of searching , it was lose wire leading into the fuse panel right on top. A big red/pinkish wire, it was jarred lose somehow, maybe when we were testing and changing all the fuses in the fuse panel.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:23 PM   #8

thanks, but we found the problem, after days of searching , it was lose wire leading into the fuse panel right on top. A big red/pinkish wire, it was jarred lose somehow, maybe when we were testing and changing all the fuses in the fuse panel.