Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #1

We have a 2005 Seabreeze LX by National (32 foot) and have about 11K miles. We were never given an owner's manual for this unit, but rather one for the diesel model, with an addendum for gas engines, that was inadequate. We have several questions:

1. Our propane detector goes off sproadically, but we have never noticed any propane smell. It has even gone off when we have had the main propane valve off. It always goes back to normal once the mute button has been pushed. Any suggestions?

2. The location where we have to add water to the batteries is very cumbersome (under the second step inside the door). We have a plastic battery-fill container (red) we use, but has anyone found another option that is easier to use?

3. We would like to add a few drops of bleach to the fresh water tank. How do we do this?

4. Does anyone know how we can get a hold of a copy of the owner's manual for our rig? Every time we try to look something up, and it shows a diagram, it is never the same as ours.

5. When should the inverter/converter switch be in the on position?

Thanks for any input! this is a great site!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #2

We have a 2005 Seabreeze LX by National (32 foot) and have about 11K miles. We were never given an owner's manual for this unit, but rather one for the diesel model, with an addendum for gas engines, that was inadequate. We have several questions:

1. Our propane detector goes off sproadically, but we have never noticed any propane smell. It has even gone off when we have had the main propane valve off. It always goes back to normal once the mute button has been pushed. Any suggestions?

2. The location where we have to add water to the batteries is very cumbersome (under the second step inside the door). We have a plastic battery-fill container (red) we use, but has anyone found another option that is easier to use?

3. We would like to add a few drops of bleach to the fresh water tank. How do we do this?

4. Does anyone know how we can get a hold of a copy of the owner's manual for our rig? Every time we try to look something up, and it shows a diagram, it is never the same as ours.

5. When should the inverter/converter switch be in the on position?

Thanks for any input! this is a great site!
Old 09-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #3

1. Make sure that all gas equipment is turned off ... check stove top and the oven dial. Sometimes they get brushed against and go on. Do you have dogs? We have two that sometimes are a little gaseous. When this happens too close to the detector, it will go off. Make sure your house batteries are not low ... this will also cause the detector to go off.

2. in our 03 Trop it is impossible to see the last two house batteries as the shelve does not come out far enough. I went to the Dollar Store and bought 500 wooden coffee stirrers and a turkey baster. Simple job, open the battery, dip the coffee stirrer into the cell and check where the level is. Add water if needed, break of the wet end sharply so there is no chips and go on the the next cell.

3. Before I hook up the hose, I remove the quick connect and pour as much bleach into the hose aas required. Keeping the end high, I then replace the quick connect and plug into the connection. Switch the lever to "fill fresh water tank" and wait a minute. Then switch lever over to the "city water setting".

4. go to http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/NationalRV/
look on the left side to "files" and have a look there for what you need. There are lots of files uploaded there and they are as close to a manual you will find, I'm afraid.

5. only when you wish to use 110 without having a connection to a power pedestal or the generator on. Be careful on usage. Only certain plugs will work with the inverter. Typically TV, fridge, radio etc but not our A/C

Hope this helps

Joe
JoeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:32 AM   #4

Thanks JoeP--this is all very helpful! this is such a great site...can't believe how great it is to read about other peoples travels and issues. what is it they say--"there's comfort in numbers!"
Old 09-02-2008, 07:49 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The owners manual for my 2007 SB LX is just general info. and with the addendum for gas engines. This was standard with NRV. I don't think you will find any other manuals out there.
Glad you joined us. Post often and we can all learn
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 01:59 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I use a plastic turkey baster to fill the batteries. Makes it pretty easy.

to add a little bleach, disconnect the city water hose and get a funnel attached to a small diameter hose. Pour about 1/4 cup of bleach in the inlet and fill with water. Turn on the pump and open the faucet furthest away until you smell bleach. Do the same for all the faucets, shower and toilet. Drain the rest of the water from the tank and refill. Should be good to go.
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
We bought the remote battery fill system from Camping World. It works great for our batteries that I otherwise had to remove to fill.
Submustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:28 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
when equalizing charging my old flooded house batteries (under the steps), the gas emitted would set off my propane detector.
i recently installed 2 lifeline agm batteries.
no more gasses or water to add.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote