Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Re-hanging front drapes

Well,after getting the MH back from the shop after getting the new roof,new driver's sidewall and getting the double pane window re-sealed,all from water leaks from the crack in the roof and the window leaking,We,DW,decided that mebbee we,ME, should take the front drapes down and we'd,ME get them washed,ironed and re-hung. Well, that worked pretty well and they came out pretty good,considering that I doubt that the previous owners had ever done it.There are still some water stains,very faint and some dirt marks where they slid on the w/s,but hardly noticeable and some of the plastic,rubber?,backing came off..

So,after we,ME,got them ironed and we,ME,got the hooks all back in,we,ME,started to re-hang them,yeh right,upside down and backwards is not a great position to put your-self in at my extremely advanced age.

Soooooo,how do you get the valances off so that you can access the sliders to hang the drapes on ??????
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just did mine. not easy. I moved all the sliders to near center (front) of the windshield. Then do the one in the back that will not slide, last.. If you run out of "bad words" call me, I might know a few that you have not used..
Old 03-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a hunch removing all the valances would be as difficult as just getting yourself in the best position possible and reaching up in there. Make sure if you have extra rollers in the track not to leave them in front of the drapes, they will roll back and forth on the track when you make a turn and make it sound like your grandchilds marble collection is in the dash.

I'm a scared veteran of this battle, three or four times at least. I quit cleaning them.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I replaced our originals with new drapes from CW. It's a hastle but I did it by feel more than trying to look at those sliders and hitting the eyelet with the drape hook.
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
ARGHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!. It only took 1/2 hour, a broken back, going back and pulling 1/2 of one side down and re-hanging it 'cuz I had a couple of hooks come off and a 22 oz bottle of Silvercity "Fat Woody Scotch Ale" at 9.2ABV to get the job done.

Now,I hope that I didn't mess it up as they've been down for two weeks andf I forgot which side goes out..I probably did as I put the white coated side in..

I do appreciate the help,even if it was just a get'er done sort of thing.As far as the language goes,even though I was in the USAF,SAC, I live in Bremerton, a navy town, so I think that I have heard most of the language. I also drive a school bus and boy the words those kids learn from their parents.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have WE had an approval yet? If not then get some more Scotch.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Don't you just luv it when those "We" jobs turn into "Me" jobs. We took ours down and did the washing and iron thing and re-hung. That was good until camping world put them on sale about a week later. "We" now have to do it all over again.
Texun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm kinda lucky in that sense as usually the DW doesn't read all the rving magazines and the CW ads.I usually don't take her with me when I go shopping there or at the local dealer,Clear Creek RV,as that can get kinda expensive.
After getting the roof replaced,she said that we should get a cover and that she would pay 1/2 of it,I've heard that before,but,believe it or not,the service manager advised against it and so it didn't happen.He asked how many teenagers I had around to help get it on the roof.I told him that mebbee I'd just consider getting covers for the A/C's and he said that they just keep a lot of moisture inside them and could screw up the A/C's..
Old 03-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
Have WE had an approval yet? If not then get some more Scotch.
Naw,she hasn't looked at them yet...But did say that the floor looks as if she's,ME, gonna have to vacumn it pretty soon.Around here that's one of the last things that gets done before WE head out on a trip as I've got a number of evergreen trees right around the MH pad and they do make a mess.
The scotch is actually a really dark scotch ale..However there is a bottle of Dalwhinnie single malt scotch and a bottle of Woodford Reserve bourbon in the MH for my good friends when we're on the road.Just look for the WSU Cougar flag or the black and white killer whale flying above the MH.