Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2022, 01:32 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Refrigerator replacement 2007 Dolphin 5342

Need Norcold 1210 4 door fridge replacement, residential or 12 volt that will fit. Mine is above the heater. No extra space. Brand and model number would be appreciated. TIA.
Frankiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2022, 08:43 PM   #2

I have a Norcold on the way out also. I am looking at the Furrion 12 volt models but still need to do the research.
bhammond1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 10:12 AM   #3

I have a Dometic Fridge also installed over the furncase. Rather than install a new fridge I had the refrigerator head replaced. It works great. Not cheap but a very good alternative to replacing the fridge.
Tov61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 02:54 PM   #4

The replacement produces a quandary. Do I replace refrigeration section which requires (experienced tech) laying existing fridge face down and replacing or do I get a residential unit remove the windshield, and remove dry camping from future? I once had the question and chose to get a Amish replacement unit. I now have a new MH with a residential fridge, lots of batteries, 400 Watts of solar and still would not dry camp for several days as before. Your choice is a personal decision. If you choose Amish try the Amish guy in Shipshewana Indiana. He probably has an experienced installer close to you.
ronboatplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 03:07 PM   #5
tjb

My Dometic ailed after 17 years & I replaced the cooling unit with a 'Dutch Air' unit, also known as an Amish cooling unit from JC Refrigeration. Although they will install at heir shop in Indiana, diesel fuel was far more than having hen ship it to California. Took a day to take the old unit out & tag all the lines, two days to install with some re-drilling and so on. I left out the ice maker and capped the water line as I never used that feature.

They apparently also sell 12V compressor cooling units for your model. We do a lot of dry-camping, so we stayed with the original gas/electric system.

Google JC Refrigeration for their site. They have great installation videos & are very quick to respond to email and phone calls.
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 05:51 AM   #6

I chose an Amish gas electric unit replacement for a few reasons, we boondock a lot, Wallie World campground, I didn't want to have to do any modifications to the cabinet, the old unit served us well for 18 years so why change.
RayJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 08:55 AM   #7
tjb

I should probably clarify. The Amish gas/electric, 12V and 120V compressor units are met to replace the internal components of your existing fridge.

In our case, we wanted to keep the existing refrigerator as it had matching wood inserts in the doors. Plus, there were no added issues trying to shoehorn a potentially different sized box into the same area.

The compressor based units (12V & 120V) didn't appeal to us as they would have required upgrades to our batteries & inverter, as well as solar panels for good measure.
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007, ace, dolphin, refrigerator, replace, replacement