Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2019, 01:51 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Refrigerator replacement

I have a Dometic side by side refrig model RM7732 that stopped working, and am looking for a possible residential model as a replacement.
Has anyone done this and if so is there one that you recommend?
Thank you,
Dale
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2019, 02:05 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
How big is your door? That'll determine how big your fridge will be if you swap the whole unit out.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:41 AM   #3

We had the Norcold 1200, finally died. Replaced it with a Haier 10.2. Very satisfied. Runs of the solar perfectly. Will be a year old in May.
05 Dolphin #5342
Chuck Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:27 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
If it's difficult to remove the fridge from the RV to replace it and do a retro fit, you can replace the cooling unit part of your fridge now with a residential type cooling unit using a compressor. See part # HVAC 1292

https://jc-refrigeration.com/products/
GREGORYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 08:00 AM   #5

I put a Whirlpool 17 Cu Ft unit in our Tradewinds 375. It's GREAT! Love not having to defrost the freezer, ice cream isn't ruined and beer stays cold (along with all the other food).

Plus, we gained some space in between the fridge and wall that has allowed me to add to pocket drawers (stacked). I'm not done with the install as I still need to make the door faces, but the DW loves it.

Rob
Old 03-28-2019, 08:50 AM   #6

Consider an Isotherm Cruise 219, https://www.indelwebastomarine.com/u...pright-silver/ or https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=1770690, 12vdc/120vac Danfoss compressor Refrigerator. That's what I'm going to when my Dometic 8555 goes out. It also has a Intelligent temperature and power management option, https://www.defender.com/product3.js...232&id=4161337.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORYJ View Post
If it's difficult to remove the fridge from the RV to replace it and do a retro fit, you can replace the cooling unit part of your fridge now with a residential type cooling unit using a compressor. See part # HVAC 1292

https://jc-refrigeration.com/products/
These are great options. Thanks for the info. Now I understand the absorption dynamics.
Kickman921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Q View Post
We had the Norcold 1200, finally died. Replaced it with a Haier 10.2. Very satisfied. Runs of the solar perfectly. Will be a year old in May.
I’m so glad that your Norcold stopped working! I wish all of them would stop working! Good luck with whatever you decide to replace it with!
Tlr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, refrigerator, replace, replacement