Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-24-2022, 07:50 AM   #1

Roof mounted electric horn replacement and repair

I have a 2004 Dolphin 5342. Horn on the roof has never worked and now one horn is missing the back. Have decided itís time to correct this issue. Has anyone replaced them and have a recommendation on the replacement part? Has anyone traced out the wires to the correct horn relay and have any pointers? Thanks
Kasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2022, 06:50 PM   #2

Sometimes they just need a good cleaning. They get packed with dirt and bugs. I took mine off and threw them away as they just got in the way of my cover, but I've seen posts saying replacements are available on E-Bay and at marine stores. Hopefully someone here can give you more specifics.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:08 AM   #3

this is a exact replacement, i replaced mine. when i did i found it was wired direct from the regular horn. mine is a 2005 5320, https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=147388
inbogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbogie View Post
this is a exact replacement, i replaced mine. when i did i found it was wired direct from the regular horn. mine is a 2005 5320, https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?id=147388

Thanks for the information it will help!
Old 01-28-2022, 09:42 PM   #5

Thanks ordered that one and it should be on the way shortly!

Tags
ace, air, electric, horn, repair, replace, replacement, roof