Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #1

I need a combo passenger side fog/driving light for my 2000 Sea Breeze 1331. I have tried the salvage yard in Carthage, MO and was wondering if anyone knows of other places around the country who might have one. The best replacement that I can find is a PIAA which is quite expensive and I will probably have to purchase both sides.
wagatlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #2

I need a combo passenger side fog/driving light for my 2000 Sea Breeze 1331. I have tried the salvage yard in Carthage, MO and was wondering if anyone knows of other places around the country who might have one. The best replacement that I can find is a PIAA which is quite expensive and I will probably have to purchase both sides.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #3

Pond Piggies Club
There are several salvage yards in the Elkhart, Indiana area. Just Google Elkhart RV salvage, and you will get some. Off the top of my head, I don't remember the one that I use all the time. I bought rocker recliners for my unit under 200 bucks each.
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #4

You might also try Walt's RV surplus in Fontana, Ca.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:26 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
try http://www.rverscorner.com/rvsalvage.html
Belgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:30 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
wagatlen,
National RV did not make the head light.
Get the part number off the lense it will be a GM or Ford part number. Do a internet search and you will find a number of after market manufactures. One link attached.
http://www.maxzone.com/
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:52 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a '98 Tradewinds and had the same problem (broken lens on the drivers side). If yours is the same as mine, it was made by Grote, part # 64581-5. The PIAA lights are quite expensive and are not an exact fit. The Grote combo light kit is available on-line for about $80. After doing a bit of measuring and experimentation (and pricing), I chose to go with a set of Hella Optilux 2020 combo fog/driving lights. They are actually a bit smaller than the Grote made originals and fit very nicely in the molded areas in the front cap. My decision to go with the Hella set was made a little on price. Amazon.com had them on sale for $48 with free shipping. That is about half of what the Grote set would have cost. If you want your coach to look original, than by all means order the Grote set. If you just want a good set of lights, than I recommend the Hella set. If you just need a lens for the passenger side, I'll sell you my old one for $10 plus shipping. I chose to replace both lights because the reflective coating on the back of the housing had deteriorated after 10 years and was no longer projecting a good light. So, if you want good working fog/driving lights then I certainly recomment replacing them both as I did. Cheers!

Richard
hex nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:59 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just checked with Amazon.com and they have one set of the Grote 64581-5 in stock. It is on sale for $67.79 with free shipping. If these are the ones you want, then I'd grab their last set while it is still in stock rather than have to wait for a backorder. Cheers

Richard
hex nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #9

Richard, Thanks a million. I just ordered the Grote set from Amazon. That way I can replace both of them and they will both have the same intensity.

I wonder why the Grote light didn't show up in the google search. The service department where my RV is stored will be thrilled. They had tried to get a light from NAPA but it was way too tall.

Thanks so much!