Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #1

Screen Door Latch?

Hello everyone we were camping last week and when I went to hold the screen open in the little rubber thingie on the main door the rubber on the part that holds the screen door open broke.

We are looking for a part number, can't see anything. Don't even have a name for it. We did look up the door name which was P.T.L. engineering. Nothing on their web site looks anything like it. Has anyone an idea where we can go to find this part...I sure hope you know what I am referring to (thingie) is the best I can come up with.
emzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
bkb

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Try calling an RV repair Shop????
bkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #3

Do you have any idea what you would call this part?
Old 06-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have no idea what that part is called but I had the same problem and looked at various RV repair shops for the part with no luck. I did make another one froma piece of plastic I found in my workshop. Not a big job just used the old one for the pattern drilled 3 holes in it and away we go. The original was rubber and I do believe it was rubber to prevent the screen handle being pushed against by the main door if not properly stowed in that pocket before closing.

Rick
Old 06-24-2013, 07:04 PM   #5

Rick, thanks so much. My dh bought some rubber and is going to attempt to make one too. You would think they could give it a part number. I tried to call P.T.L. engineering, the people that make the main door but they are on Eastern time and it was too late. Tomorrow I will give them a call. Thanks again.

BKB, thanks, yes we called a couple and they didn't know what the part was either. In fact my dh went to a couple and showed it to them and still nothing.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to rescue595
I replaced mine with an old piece of thick rubber from a conveyer belt. works awesome and wont break
rescue595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #7

He found some rubber at Home Depot. Came in a couple of little square, plumbing section. So far so good. Thanks everyone!!!

Tags
door