Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sea Breeze 1311 Galley Slideout Question

Hi All,

We've been spending the early part of this winter season in our '05 SeaBreeze 1311 and have slowly been finding and sealing drafty areas. Today while looking for drafts around the galley slideout, I noticed that when the slideout is fully extended that it does not "crush" up against the wall seals.

Here are some photos to explain ... when the slideout is fully extended, I can easily slide my fingers between the wall and the slideout.

The slideout definitely stops at this point when it's extended, so I am wondering if this is the normal stop position, or if there is an adjustment that I can modify to push the slideout a couple of inches further to push it up against the inside seal.

Thanks!
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #2

Gonna try to take a picture with a flashlight and my iPod. Don't have my digital camera to PC connector with me. If that is from the front, looking backwards(I see your sink), mine has a fabric cover, (exactly like my dinette seat cushions) on the removable end-cap. The top of my slide hits first, then the bottom pivots out - about 1". BRB.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yes that photo is taken from the end of the slide that's right behind the drivers seat. Our slide ends are covered in the same leather(ette) that our seats are covered in.

None of our galley slide touches the gasket on the body of the motorhome (although the bedroom does). I can run my hand up the entire length of the front slideout and across the top side into the kitchen with ample room for my fingers.

If yours closes up against the seal, then I'm thinking that ours is either maladjusted or possibly there is an item that is blocking the full cycle opening in the corner behind the sink.

When I depress the button to open the galley slide, it does click off when it reaches this position, but as I have found, this is also the case if I open the bedroom slide and forget to move the 6 foot level that I store against the bedroom wall and it tilts over between the body and the slideout.

It's only an inch more or two between the galley slide and the gasket. That will not really give us any more considerable living space, but might help with keeping in the warm air when using it in the cold months.

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
To seal or not to seal.

I have a 1997 36' Dolphin M.H. with a (dining room & couch) slide out area. Before we put the room out the Rig has to be level.
When we want to put the room out we turn the key all the way and as the room is going out we keep the key turned until the room stops by it self and when we want the room to come in we turn the key in the opposite direction and keep it in the mode until the room comes in and stops by it self.
All the seals are nice and tight.
If your seals do not seal then I would talk to a service center or anyplace that works on slides.
I would think that where ever you can buy a trailler they of all peaple should know how to adjust your slide so it will seal.
I had trouble at one time with mine and a maint. man that worked on trailers fixed it for me.
Go to a shop and talk to one of the workers and ask if he would like to make a couple of bucks on his day off.
See what he would say.
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #5

Clicks off?

I'm not going to hold it, but mine acts like it wants to keep going out.

I can't get a finger between my top or side. Mine hits the top seal and rotates the bottom out.

Cover off.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #6

I have a key, but is only on/off. I have to push a rocker switch either in or out. I let go when I hear it hit the stops.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Dunner ... ours does not crush up against the seal, although the gap all the way around is pretty consistent.

and click-off may have been the wrong phrase. When our slides get to their full extent the motors do not sound like they are continuing to drive the rooms out. They come to a halt like their is an electric brake or limiting circuit.

Makes me want to take a look and see if something fell behind the slide end behind the sink. I took a look at the motor and slide mechanism a while back, but didn't spent too much time trying to figure out how to adjust it.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Walter View Post
I have a 1997 36' Dolphin M.H. with a (dining room & couch) slide out area. Before we put the room out the Rig has to be level.
When we want to put the room out we turn the key all the way and as the room is going out we keep the key turned until the room stops by it self and when we want the room to come in we turn the key in the opposite direction and keep it in the mode until the room comes in and stops by it self.
All the seals are nice and tight.
If your seals do not seal then I would talk to a service center or anyplace that works on slides.
I would think that where ever you can buy a trailler they of all peaple should know how to adjust your slide so it will seal.
I had trouble at one time with mine and a maint. man that worked on trailers fixed it for me.
Go to a shop and talk to one of the workers and ask if he would like to make a couple of bucks on his day off.
See what he would say.
Our key is only to turn the power to the rocker buttons on/off. I only turn the key to the on position when moving the slides in or out.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #9

I can hear and see when mine comes to either extent and it sounds like the motor would keep going if it didn't hit the seals(motor stalls). Don't know how or if they are adjustable.

My owner's manual says to level first, but when at home I don't. Spank me! Beat me! Make me write bad checks!

My manual also says, to manually move my slide, disconnect the controller electrical connector and release the brake. Can't find a/the brake, but I do see a four sided star on the opposite end of the shaft from the motor(rear). There is a connector on the controller and one on the slide motor. Try turning the manual thingie and see if you can get it to go out more. The reason they want you to disconnect the connector is to prevent the motor from generating electricity that could release the factory installed smoke in the controller.

Good luck, Gene. Let me know if you need more pics or info.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #10

I put a clothes pin on my slide key and put it on my shift lever whenever the slides are out. I wrote window awning and slides on it. I have a dinette awning, which is great, as I almost always park, driver's side south.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I can hear and see when mine comes to either extent and it sounds like the motor would keep going if it didn't hit the seals(motor stalls). Don't know how or if they are adjustable.

My owner's manual says to level first, but when at home I don't. Spank me! Beat me! Make me write bad checks!

My manual also says, to manually move my slide, disconnect the controller electrical connector and release the brake. Can't find a/the brake, but I do see a four sided star on the opposite end of the shaft from the motor(rear). There is a connector on the controller and one on the slide motor. Try turning the manual thingie and see if you can get it to go out more. The reason they want you to disconnect the connector is to prevent the motor from generating electricity that could release the factory installed smoke in the controller.

Good luck, Gene. Let me know if you need more pics or info.
Thanks Dunner ... I'll have to pull out the manuals and see if there's anything different for our year, but that will have to wait for tomorrow when I can take them out in the outdoors.

We have a plastic box from NRV that has all the manuals in it and it was NEVER opened by the previous owners. When we finally found our manual box in the corner of the bedroom shoe closet and opened it, I nearly passed out! NRV supplied a small bottle of chemicals to use in the black tank and after 6 years of being unopened, the chemicals in the container became noxious. Over that time all the manuals soaked up the fumes and have an odor and eye irritating vapor that prevents reading them indoors.

It kind of stinks that I have a perfectly complete set of manuals that are infected like this ... but hey, at least I have them.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
LOL ... I do always level our coach before putting out the slides. It can be a pain in the a** sometimes, like when we're travelling and stop to make dinner at a stop&shop or WalMart

I especially have to level at home since our driveway isn't too level at all. We have a 750' long "country" driveway. Mostly gravel and dirt, although the bottom 250' feet is crumbling asphalt When we bought the motorhome it was put a downpayment on our SeaBreeze or repave and regravel the driveway. We chose the motorhome

We're back at the farm for a week or so for the holidays and I didn't pull into our typical spot, but rather lined up headed down the driveway and in this location I couldn't level with the jacks, even when I propped up under them with some boards. I had to dig some planks out of the shed to drive the front wheels up onto, with the passenger side needing the most help ... along with still planking under the jacks.

I thought about putting out the bedroom slide without the jacks boards, but seeing it start to twist on the way out, I thought it would be a better idea to find some boards!
Old 12-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #13

When you get a chance, see if you can find the slide motor brake. Maybe ours/mine brakes when the power is removed. I ran my hand around the motor and only found connectors and tie straps.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:50 AM   #14

I've seen some of that white stuff when I was in Flagstaff in `68 and again when i went to a cabin in the mountains. Don't want it or need it around here. Costs too much or does too much damage.

Tags
slideout