Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2016, 01:54 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Sewer hose access port too small

I have a 2004 Seabreeze, and this is the first coach I have had without an external sewer connection. It is inside a cabinet, but the round door on the bottom for the hose to go through is only 4 inches, and I have tried two different hose connectors, but neither will go through the hole without a struggle. Not something i enjoy with a wet sewer hose. Threading 15-20 feet of hose through the hole from the inside seems foolish too. I have considered buying a larger boat hatch cover, but the cabinet floor is molded plastic with a recess for the port, so it would be a difficult fit to cut a larger hole. I'm sure I'm not the first to struggle with this. What have the rest of you done?

Thanks,

Mark in Florida
Puterpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2016, 02:06 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I have a similar problem. What has worked for me is connecting a 45 degree elbow to the sewer connection on the MH which extends through the hole and allows me an easier connection to my sewer hose underneath and outside the wet bay.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:26 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
I notched the hole out so the fitting goes through and feed the hose through from the top. Nothing messy so far.

2002 National Sea Breeze LX 8341
https://thebreezerv.wordpress.com
TC Wndsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:40 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I have a 2004 sea breeze.. Key is you got to drop down from the top with a blue line press hose connection.. Works just fine. You need a a press style hose connection on 1 end.. Look at Blueline ultimate sewer kit at camping world amazon ect.. It will work just fine. There may be other brands that work fine.. Just trying to help
Old 06-20-2016, 04:44 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
saw th ears off of the hose and it will fit through the hole.
hydro45640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:10 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Mine was also a total pain. I tried to find a long 'hard' extension but found nothing the proper length so.....
I made up a very short piece of hose with both end connections on it. About 10" when extended, just long enough to drop down through that hole. I have a heavy piece of electrical wire that I hook into the bottom of the hose and wrap it around one of the pull handles to hold it up into the compartment. Not the ideal set-up but it works for me.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:50 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
I had the same problem when we bought this coach.
I replaced mine with a 6 inch port. Buy one on EBay.
Makes life much easier and any hose combination you purchase in the future is going to work..
MikeandRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:55 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRuth View Post
I had the same problem when we bought this coach.
I replaced mine with a 6 inch port. Buy one on EBay.
Makes life much easier and any hose combination you purchase in the future is going to work..
Can you post a picture of your fix?
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:22 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
This should help.

Go to Amazon search for Deck Plate or marine deck plate. It is not called a sewer port from what I could find. Looks like there is different size deck plates. They should of put bigger ones in our 2004 Sea Breeze.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:14 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I also went to a marine store and purchased a 6 inch deck plate.

WEST MARINE Screw-in Deck Plate, 6", Smooth, White | West Marine
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:11 PM   #11

Sewer hose access port too small

I put a larger deck plate as well and posted a detailed explanation here with pics on page 2.....it surely is nice to just open it and slide the hose through....hope it helps!!!....

http://www.irv2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169307
Old 06-21-2016, 04:30 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
This short 5' hose will fit.

5' Dominator Extension Hose - Valterra D04-0205 - Sewer Hoses - Camping World

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 01:05 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thumbs up temm45

Had the same problem, easy fix grind off the four ears. problem solved
tims52ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:33 AM   #14

Hi all,

After reading this post I decided it was time to replace my sewer port. My reason for replacement was not necessarily to get the hose through but more as a repair to the damaged bottom pan of the compartment. When I bought my used 2005 Dolphin the pan was damaged. There are 4 cracks (splits) each about 4 inches long migrating from the port. Also the port ring itself was split causing a thread alignment issue making it difficult to remove or install the puck. I originally epoxied everything back together but over time the epoxy broke lose and I was never able to use the port.

Okay enough history. To cut the larger hole I used my RotoZip and the circle cutter attachment. I drilled a hole in the center of the old puck to serve as a pivot point for the circle cutter. I set the cutter for a 6.5" hole, put the pivot pin in the center hole then plunged the cutting tool into the pan. The material cut easily and I had a perfectly round hole. The time require for the compete project was less than an hour.

The new hole was about a blade thickness wider than the original port ring. It appears one could use a jig saw and use the old ring as a guide and simply cut around the ring.

In my case the new ring provides strength to the damaged pan and well worth the time. I purchased the new port form Amazon (prime).

Thanks to the OP for getting me motivated.

~Bill
Bill WA6YBD is offline   Reply With Quote