Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Side Glass Replacement 03 Seabreeze

I am thinking about replacing the driver and passenger side glass on my 03 Seabreeze. Anyone done this? Where can I get glass. Where to go to get it installed? There is some fogging in the glass. Its not terrible, but I tend to be kind of fussy. We will see how fussy when I find out how much it may cost. I included a photo so you can see the glass layout. Thanks for any input.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2003 Seabreeze.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	29818  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
Suncoast Designers is excellent, there are several threads about replacing glass on this forum.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Suncoast window repair

Charge usually around $200 a window including all labor taking window out and back in. Free overnight camp site E/W
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I did search for "glass replacement" and didn't see anything relevant. I will look some more. Thanks for the reply. Suncoast Designers sound great, but I am in the Northeast.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Duncan systems can fix fogged windows or replace the glass, link below

Motorhome windshields, RV windshields, RV side glass, RV fogged window repair
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #6

I have the driver's side window, two big living area windows, one vertical bath window, and one large bedroom window that have various degree of fogging. What a lousy manufacturer that was--now out of business I understand, and rightfully so.
If/when I decide to bit the bullet, my options appear to be:
1. Go to Arkansas or some other distant place and camp out at a specialty fix-it place. Can't find any local places near summer or winter abodes.
2. Buy new windows at avg. $600 per plus installation.
3. Remove them myself and ship them off to a fix-it place, which in itself will be a big deal.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #7

If you are phisically capable and even remotely mechanically inclined, daverootrvglassrepair.com sells a kit for rebuilding dual pane windows, complete with everthing you need to do the job except for paper towels, screwdriver, caulking gun and PATIENCE. I rebuilt ALL the windows in my 99 Tradewinds with just my wifes help. Just start with the smallest window first (for practice). It really isn't bad at all. To make the work easier, I bought a Ryobi cordless caulking gun from Home Depot.
alandbarbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I'm taking my motorhome in to Redlands Truck and RV on Monday for the same reason. Driver and passenger window fogging. They have a glass man that removes and repairs the window. Fogging in a dual pane window occurs when it loses its seal. It has happened to windows in my house which are Milgard windows. Luckily, Milgard warranties their windows for life and will replace the window pane for free. If you live in the Southern California area, I would recommend contacting Redlands Truck.
kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks kennersonf. Looks like I'd be all set if I lived in Cali or Fla. But I live in Rhode Island. Anyone know of anyone in this area that performs that kind of work? Not sure if I want to take this project on myself. I will check some youtube videos to see if I can get a handle on it. If you watch the Suncoast video, they won't even let cameras into the room where they reseal the glass. So there must be something to it.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Your windows are most likely made by Hehr. You can contact them for either new window glass or if they know of someone in your area that will repair dual pane windows.
Window Plants

Chuck Boone
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #11
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliwks View Post
............... If you watch the Suncoast video, they won't even let cameras into the room where they reseal the glass. So there must be something to it.
I've been in the Suncoast shop and chatted with the techs as they repaired my windows. I've had 3 windows repaired by them of different occasions. The RV glass shop is a part of a manufacturing facility that makes dual pane windows and sliding glass doors for buildings. They use the same machinery to clean and seal the glass as is done for building windows.
I don't know if they are better than any other place as Suncoast is the only place I've used........and I'm a satisfied customer.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement