Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2019, 08:41 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Side marker and rear top center marker lights out

Hey guys, I have a 2003 tradewinds 395 LE- I have the driver side marker and the top center marker lights out (just the two, the rest work). I replaced the bulbs and it didn’t fix it. I’m thinking maybe a relay or something but I don’t really know, I don’t know that it would be a fuse issue, although I haven’t looked. It would seem that more than two lights in Would be out if it were a fuse. Cut line somewhere?

I looked at the harnesses and they seem ok. Before I start overthinking, I wanted to see if there is any advice from the field.
JPaTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2019, 08:54 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Sounds like the sockets may be bad or corroded. Check for 12vdc with the lights on to see if they are getting power. They should all run off the same fuse. Hope this helps.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:02 PM   #3

If it was a fuse, they'd all be out. I don't believe there would be any relays involved in that circuit. I'm leaning strongly toward those fixtures not having a good ground connection.
EdBoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 09:12 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Temp connect the 12V side of a good light to the 12 V side of the bad light. See if this fixes the problem. NO, then do the same with the ground lead. Fixed? Easy cure. Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 09:44 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Excellent ideas my friends- thank you very much. That all sounds logical, I’ll try it out tomorrow and see how it goes. Fingers crossed, thanks for the tips- I’ll remind myself to post back here with the result
Old 05-03-2019, 05:11 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaTV View Post
Excellent ideas my friends- thank you very much. That all sounds logical, I’ll try it out tomorrow and see how it goes. Fingers crossed, thanks for the tips- I’ll remind myself to post back here with the result
If the sockets need to be replaced, you should be able to find them at a local auto parts store. Good luck.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:31 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Update!

So the top center, the hot had been disconnected. That was easy to diagnose once I pulled out the fixture. The marker light on the side, the connectors were a bit dirty. The multimeter gave me 12v of power, so I cleaned the connections and it’s good to go.

Thanks for all if your help, I was gonna start at fuses and over-complicate things!
Old 05-03-2019, 08:38 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Glad you got it fixed! Happy travels![emoji41]

Tags
light, lights