Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Slide seating tight against wall when extended

My '98 Dolphin slide fits tight when closed but when extended, the bottom is pretty tight against the wall but the top is not. I can't tell if this allows any air to flow thru or not. Also, the left side bottom is not a close to the wall as the right side when extended. Are there some adjustments that can be made or is this normal? I don't have any leaks with it.

Thanks John
zzjea is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have the same exact problem, I hope someone has a fix for this. On mine it’s just the slide in the bedroom not the big main slide. When the slide is closed, the bottom right is so tight it is almost chipping the paint and there is a large gap at the top. I will be curious to hear if anyone knows how to fix this.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I don't have the fix, but I am going to take a good look at mine in the next few days just to see how it works and what maintainance it could use. At this time I have no problems with it.

No doubt the slide is not square with the coach and the far end of the slide is a bit too high. I'll look for a vertical adjustment while I'm in there. There has to be a horizonal adjustment too.

Have either of you contacted Powergear for a possible install or trouble shooting guide?
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
I don't have the fix, but I am going to take a good look at mine in the next few days just to see how it works and what maintainance it could use. At this time I have no problems with it.

No doubt the slide is not square with the coach and the far end of the slide is a bit too high. I'll look for a vertical adjustment while I'm in there. There has to be a horizonal adjustment too.

Have either of you contacted Powergear for a possible install or trouble shooting guide?
We are camping right now and have not contacted PG. Was not sure waht was normal for the top. On yours it sounds like it fits snug all the way around, including the top. Is that right?

John
Old 03-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzjea

We are camping right now and have not contacted PG. Was not sure waht was normal for the top. On yours it sounds like it fits snug all the way around, including the top. Is that right?

John
Yes, everything tight.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #6

Same thing with our bedroom slide..... gap at top.... it allows all the outdoor sounds to come in such as when a window is open.... currently using a bicycle tire tube to seal the top....
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:47 AM   #7

Slide

I noticed on mine that one side extends out about 1/4" more than the other, how did I know?, on the left side the wooden frame inside is pushed away from the slide about that much and I measured it on the outside also. So I figured it needed adjusted. My manual didn't say how do it so I E mailed the maker of the slide and they E mailed me back how to put it back in time. Will do it later this Spring.
Retiredblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I emailed Power Gear for any information they may have to make adjustments to the slide and their system. They sent me a Manual that covers their Slide Systems. They noted "most of the individual Tip Sheets are in the back of the manual" Since it's 100+ pages, I haven't yet looked it all over.

Too big to upload here, find it in the Files Section
Old 03-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #9

Not yet you won't.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Not yet you won't.
Oops, I see it hasn't been approved yet...oh well, stay tuned
Old 03-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is a Powergear slide room service manual in the Misc files put in last year
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have found that our galley slideout does not slide out as far as our bedroom slide does. When the bedroom is extended, the slide wall and seal make a tight seal against the coach wall, but with the galley I can easily slide my fingers in between the wall and the slide.

I wonder how much, if any, that it contributes to the drafts in the living space.

I'm wondering if this is the proper operation of the slide, or if we can get another inch or two out of it?

Anyone else see this type of gap around yours? The gap is consistent on the right side and all the way across the top.
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard S. View Post
There is a Powergear slide room service manual in the Misc files put in last year
I checked this one out and nothing there looks like mine. I'm not sure why something there wouldn't be the same design but I can't find anything to adjust as per the inst. in the file.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'am on my second National RV and it appears National made there own attach brackets, close to what Powergear shows in the manual but not exact. Also in 03 to 05 National RV used RBW slides for some installations.
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide