Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2019, 10:23 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Slide won't stay in for travel

when I close the main slide on our 2007 dolphin it will slide out an inch when we start traveling.. Is there an adjustment I can make? brake?
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2019, 10:46 AM   #2

They make slide locks that fit inside the RV..
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:35 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
you should have a brake on the end of the motor, it may be in the released position. LINK BELOW may help
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f105/slid...ut-415108.html
Richard S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:40 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Run the slide out and make sure the measurement is the same front and back between the body and the slide. If it is off eve 1/2” it will do what you describe. If it isn’t the same just retime the slide.
As stated before check the motor brake.
My slide is the Power Gear before Lippert bought them and made everything cheaper.
BOOZE TRAVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:24 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
B. T. How does one "retime the slide" TIA
Old 04-17-2019, 12:10 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Mine has a single motor running a shaft with a gear on each end.
You pull run the slide about 1/2 way out to get pressure off of the gears , open the basement door, pull the rear cotter pin from the rear gear, and slide the gear forward to disengage it from the rack gear on the inner tube.
Then measure front and back distances from outside wall and edge of slide, move the rear of the slide by pushing or pulling it to get the measurement equal. Then just push the gear back in and reinstall cotter pin. I had my wife bump the button until the cotter pin faced down to make it easy to pull it out.
Don’t disengage the motor brake or the whole slide will move and you just want to move the rear.
My front skipped due to a piece of some sort of fiber piece wore out which is a anti jump deal. I will attach a pic of the aluminum piece I had made. It keeps the rail in the channel to keep the gear from being able jump teeth.Click image for larger version

Name:	20160716_203106.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	242429
You can’t really tell in the pic but, the aluminum plate is wider than the opening in the bottom of the channel to keep the rail from being able to tilt below the channel.
That area gets a lot of water thrown on it in rain so I will also be replacing the 2 rollers on each side of the gear and painting with chassis saver whenever we go home just in case they are not running smoothly.
BOOZE TRAVEL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, travel