Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2007, 08:00 AM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> National RV Launches Rip Tide, Nautica Lines
RV Business
Friday, November 2, 2007

Perris, Calif.-based motorhome builder National RV Inc. has launched two new Class A motorhome brands and is planning to preview the models during this month's National RV Trade Show in Louisville, Ky.

The Nautica, built on Freightliner XCS diesel pusher chassis, and the gas-powered Rip Tide are targeting entry-level buyers in each of their respective classes.

Both employ newly developed "Dura-Hull"¯ construction, utilizing interlocking aluminum extrusions and lightweight framework. The coaches also feature integrated water management channels designed to route water across the length of the coach into hidden drains, eliminating black streaking.

The Nautica 38L is the first of three floorplans in the line, offering a 27-foot full-wall slide along with a bedroom and galley slide, yielding 325 square feet of living space. Features include an integrated desk/workstation, wide entry doors, 32"¯ LCD TV and sleeping for up to six. The coach is powered by a 340-hp Cummins ISB engine and Allison 6-speed transmission.

The all-new Rip Tide is available on Ford or Workhorse chassis and features dual opposing slides, cutting-edge paint schemes and the "Dream Dinette"¯ table mechanism for easy bed conversion. Also standard is a pass-through storage bay and National RV's new Dura-Pod container system.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stay tuned for more news on new models from National RV coming to a dealer near you

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2007, 08:00 AM   #2

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
National RV Launches Rip Tide, Nautica Lines
RV Business
Friday, November 2, 2007

Perris, Calif.-based motorhome builder National RV Inc. has launched two new Class A motorhome brands and is planning to preview the models during this month's National RV Trade Show in Louisville, Ky.

The Nautica, built on Freightliner XCS diesel pusher chassis, and the gas-powered Rip Tide are targeting entry-level buyers in each of their respective classes.

Both employ newly developed "Dura-Hull"¯ construction, utilizing interlocking aluminum extrusions and lightweight framework. The coaches also feature integrated water management channels designed to route water across the length of the coach into hidden drains, eliminating black streaking.

The Nautica 38L is the first of three floorplans in the line, offering a 27-foot full-wall slide along with a bedroom and galley slide, yielding 325 square feet of living space. Features include an integrated desk/workstation, wide entry doors, 32"¯ LCD TV and sleeping for up to six. The coach is powered by a 340-hp Cummins ISB engine and Allison 6-speed transmission.

The all-new Rip Tide is available on Ford or Workhorse chassis and features dual opposing slides, cutting-edge paint schemes and the "Dream Dinette"¯ table mechanism for easy bed conversion. Also standard is a pass-through storage bay and National RV's new Dura-Pod container system.
Stay tuned for more news on new models from National RV coming to a dealer near you

Old 11-04-2007, 01:39 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
OK, what is NRV trying to do? Shoot down their Pacifica full wall slide? The Nautica sounds like a Pacifica on a diet. I will be interested to learn more details on how the side walls are constructed. I suspect with the aluminum frame, the insulation will be a glued fiberglass batting or "Hung" rather than vacu-bond bead foam. The construction could be similiar to the Monaco Line Monaco Side Wall I admit the glued fiberglass side wall is not my favorite, but it does save weight.

The 340hp ISB will be a good engine for the expected weight of this unit.

The Nautica 39L floor plan could be very liveable, guess seeing the actual unit will answer a lot of questions.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:00 PM   #4

Let's hope that these two new units will be the start of the way back for the Company. They have always made a great product and it would be good to see them survive ...
JoeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #5

Where are you guys finding this information on the new models?
RV 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:16 PM   #6

Link
BigCabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:19 PM   #7

I sell the National rv line. If you need any info pm me and I'll make sure you get it. Thanks Ron
RVRONINPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:03 AM   #8

When is the Show in Louisville ?

https://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetempbig/language/www/US/FL/Miami.gif</a>
Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:03 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hippie:
When is the Show in Louisville ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

November 27-29, 2007
The Kentucky Exposition Center
Louisville, KY

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:38 AM   #10

Mid Atlantic Campers
We have our sources, and are sworn to secrecy. But we will will share all we know with our friends on the National RV thread

Old 11-15-2007, 04:01 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kentucky Exposition Center </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Fred

https://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetempbig/language/www/US/FL/Miami.gif</a>
Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:25 AM   #12

Yeah Steve, I know. " I'd tell you, buy then I'd have to kill you".
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:31 AM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Davis:
Yeah Steve, I know. " I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:56 AM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BigCabLover:
Link </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks but that doesn't have anything substantial regarding the new Riptide and Nautica. You go to their links and all you get is a single teaser page. Nothing else. I was hoping there would be a link to something with some substance on these two rigs.
Oh well, I guess we will have to imagine stuff from the sources we have here.
RV 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote