Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2020, 09:13 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Joe A
Steering Stabilzer

Hi,
Any feedback on using a Roadmaster Reflex Steering Stabilizer on a 06 33ft Sea breeze would appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2020, 10:39 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Can't speak for the brand you are looking at, however ANY stabilizer is a good idea.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 07:21 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
That is what I have on my 2006 Seabreeze LX. It seems to tighten up the steering some. I'm happy. Have not had to find out f it works in a blowout though...

Al
Old 06-08-2020, 04:40 AM   #4
TSM

Agree with Fred, the addition of a steering stabilizer should aid sterling. Added a steering stabilizer three years ago, added a rear track while they coach was in the shop. The overall driving difference was super. 2006 National Sea Breeze, 8321 Workhorse chassis.
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:37 AM   #5

Just saw your post here...I have the Roadmaster steering stabilizer on my 2003 Dolphin. It has made a significant difference in the way the Dolphin handles in heavy wind and in disturbed air cause by 18 wheelers. I recommend the Roadmaster stabilizer.
Tov61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:46 PM   #6

Coincidentally, I just ordered a Reflex for my Dolphin yesterday. It's scheduled to arrive next Wednesday. Will post my impressions after I get it installed.

Best price I found was from RVupgrades.com. I take that back... SD Truck Springs was $20 cheaper still but they had lots of bad reviews so I passed on them.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:02 AM   #7

Just had the Roadmaster Reflex installed on my '04 Dolphin 5342 and it made a big difference in handling. I was wandering in the lane and continuously correcting the steering prior to installation. After installation much less wandering and very little correction. It has made for less stressful driving.
2445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:20 AM   #8

I'm happy with the results of installing the Roadmaster stabilizer on my F53 chassis. It has improved the steering performance and adds a little insurance if I ever have a front tire blowout.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:08 PM   #9

Got the Roadmaster Reflex installed on my W-22 today and went for a ten mile drive at highway speeds. Definitely made the steering feel more like a car rather than a ten-ton truck, and seems to have reduced the number of steering corrections needed. It wasn't breezy today though so any crosswind impressions will have to wait.

As the handling improves (from this and my previous mods) I can see I'm going to have to be careful about speed. Where I used to like to cruise at 62 mph it now seems easy enough to creep up to 70-75 mph. I think my tires are only rated for 65 mph so I can't let that happen. When it comes time to replace them I'll make sure to get tires rated for 75 mph.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:14 PM   #10

I made a mistake in my last post. I now see my Sumitomos ARE rated for 75 mph. Somewhere I thought I had seen that they only had a 65 mph rating.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:44 PM   #11

Got a bent wheel replaced today and took another ten mile drive. When the wheel was changed the tire tech reversed the tire to compensate for some wear that was occurring. Afterward I had to recenter the Reflex stabilizer slightly as it wanted to pull a little to the left. Easy to do, but I can see why a "recentering" button that some brands have would be nice. Nevertheless, I've read of a few times where those particular devices have locked up, and having one on my coach would make me nervous.

I have to say though that my stabilizer definitely results in less steering correction. Even when it was having a little pull to the left I found that to be the case.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:50 PM   #12

Roadmaster RSSA Reflex Stabilizer Unit

I installed the above steering stabilizer on my 2008 Four Winds Hurricane 34B. When I turn the wheel to the left or right (making a turn, etc.) I get noise out of the front end. Like a popping sound. It seems to work fine on the highway. Anyone else have this problem??? Thanx...any response will be appreciated.
manfromnc49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steering