Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-15-2017, 12:09 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Step cover on an '01 7390 LTC

My step cover quit working and I changed the switch out and no go. I looked for the motor and it's between the floors under the drivers seat and above the fuel tank. I can't find any protection and am hoping that someone will know if there is any fuses,etc and where they might be.
I did make a very nice cover out of plywood and carpet, but it's a PIA when we stop as I have to lift it up and fasten it so it won't fall down on momma's feet and then let it down again when we leave..
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2017, 07:52 AM   #2
mrk

I had shorted the switch on my '99 Tradewinds, and I had a really hard time getting any replies about a fuse panel I found that contained two blown fuses. It was to the left of the drivers seat, beneath the panel of rocker switches. Long story short: one of the blown fuses was a 15-amp that protected the sliding strep well cover. The blown 30-amp was for the drivers seat.
I don't know if your chassis is built the same as mine, but if you haven't yet looked for a fuse block there, I'd give it a try.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Did you ever locate the fuse or cause of the step cover problem? Mine officially died this weekend - thankfully was in the retracted position....
Old 11-16-2017, 06:51 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
No, I haven't. I just found the note from MRK and am gonna head up to check it out. I didn't know the seat had a fuse and don't have rocker switches where he says, but will double check the panel under the drivers window.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:39 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
OK, went up and checked mine. Ran the seat back and looked up under the dash and no go. Next I pulled the plastic panel under the leveling controls and found a couple of cool things there but no fuses. Did find that the lever that controls the airbags for raising and lowering the coach is fastened to the valve and there is no rod or anything. Also figgered out that someone had been in there before as there were only 3 out of 6 screws there. I have noticed that, possibly the previous owner or a regular repair person, normally only replaced as many screws in a panel as necessary to hold it in place.
So, outside in 36 degree weather and opened the panel under the drivers window and found both the 30 amp drivers seat fuse and the 15 amp step/slide fuse, both ok. Then went back and rechecked the wiring at the rocker switch next to the door and there is still power to all parts of the switch. The next thing to do is to try to get the point of the tester into the wiring harness that you can see thru the opening under the slide.
Long story short is that there is power that far. I can see the motor and it is under the drivers seat and above the fuel tank. I think.