Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
96 Wideglide's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
In lieu of a starter kit, they are giving us a $75. What are the must haves that I should spend that large sum on?
Wow .
You sure you know what your getting into here? These things have filters that will cost more than that!
And there's tons of them !
__________________
Ben & Sharon
2008 43' Holiday Rambler Scepter PDQ
96 Wideglide is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2014, 02:28 PM   #16
SLK
Senior Member
 
SLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Cherry Valley, California
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Wow .
You sure you know what your getting into here? These things have filters that will cost more than that!
And there's tons of them !
Yes I know, but thanks for the warning. At least we're good for a while because La Mesa RV made sure we had a clean slate to start with.
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:37 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
96 Wideglide's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,173
No worries. Now that I've re-read it, I think you were likely being sarcastic about the "large sum" !
__________________
Ben & Sharon
2008 43' Holiday Rambler Scepter PDQ
96 Wideglide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #18
SLK
Senior Member
 
SLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Cherry Valley, California
Posts: 109
I posted some pictures.

I've been busy trying to learn systems. I'm able to hook up everything but the sewer at my house, so I am making sure we have no problems. I'm also going to change the receptacle on my 50 amp plug in my shop so I can plug in there.

The previous owner installed a Progressive hard wired surge protector, so I don't have to. He also put in a massive reverse osmosis filter system. I think it's a little overkill. Maybe I can remove the tank and stay with the 4 cartridges. I'd rather have the room. Any thoughts?

Link to the pix:
Home Member Galleries SLK
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:48 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Firebug5's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Salida, Colorado
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I've been busy trying to learn systems. I'm able to hook up everything but the sewer at my house, so I am making sure we have no problems. I'm also going to change the receptacle on my 50 amp plug in my shop so I can plug in there.

The previous owner installed a Progressive hard wired surge protector, so I don't have to. He also put in a massive reverse osmosis filter system. I think it's a little overkill. Maybe I can remove the tank and stay with the 4 cartridges. I'd rather have the room. Any thoughts?

Link to the pix:
Home Member Galleries SLK
Thanks for the pictures, Steve. LOOKS GREAT! BTW, parking looks a bit tight there, why not bring it to Colorado and leave it at my place? I have lots of room, full hook-ups, etc. Oh, make sure to leave the keys so I can keep her warm occasionally. . .

Bruce
__________________
Bruce & Judy, living the dream in Salida, CO!
2005 Nat'l Dolphin W22 Chassis, 2004 Jeep Liberty
"Let's Roll 'em, Let's Roll 'em!"
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #20
SLK
Senior Member
 
SLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Cherry Valley, California
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug5 View Post
Thanks for the pictures, Steve. LOOKS GREAT! BTW, parking looks a bit tight there, why not bring it to Colorado and leave it at my place? I have lots of room, full hook-ups, etc. Oh, make sure to leave the keys so I can keep her warm occasionally. . .

Bruce
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:30 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Firebug5's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Salida, Colorado
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Sooooo, does that mean you are so HAPPY with my offer you will let me know when to expect her??

Bruce
__________________
Bruce & Judy, living the dream in Salida, CO!
2005 Nat'l Dolphin W22 Chassis, 2004 Jeep Liberty
"Let's Roll 'em, Let's Roll 'em!"
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking the plunge Greatscot Class A Motorhome Discussions 11 09-30-2014 03:37 PM
Taking the plunge Budsm64 New Member Check-In 9 09-17-2014 09:17 PM
Taking Plunge Gtown XL - what else is needed jskelton83 Class A Motorhome Discussions 2 07-18-2014 04:30 PM
Took the plunge - just 2 weeks away HR-TX Entegra Owner's Forum 5 04-28-2014 08:03 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.