Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2016, 09:44 PM   #1

TPMS

Hello everyone,
Looking for your opinions on what's the best TPMS.
There's a lot of them out there. I will be needing one with 10 sensors. I'm a newbie and I need some good advice. Thanks, in advance!
Taylorman
Taylorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2016, 03:08 AM   #2

Taylorman-

Yours is a common request on iRV2. I've performed a Google search of iRV2 posts made in the past year with the term "TPMS" in them. Here's a link to the search results. Feel free to modify the search as you see fit (for instance, you may add the term "recommend" to the search).

Here's a link to a current TPMS recommendation thread.

We have a 10-sensor Tire-SafeGuard system on our coach and toad.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:13 PM   #3

TPMS

Thanks, Mark for your reply. I really appreciate it!
Taylorman
Taylorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 05:26 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Easy to read display, replaceable batteries, backlit, programable to your tire gauge. Go from there.

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 12-26-2016, 07:44 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Easy to read display, replaceable batteries, backlit, programable to your tire gauge. Go from there.

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
I have a TST system works the same as above. Saved the side of my trailer a couple of times as the tires back there can be going flat and overheating be fore they blow out or fly apart, don't know how I towed for years without it.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:12 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Hold up if you are looking for a system. I aired up my tires on my pass through sensors and now half of them do not work. System is 1 1/2 years old. I will contact TST on Tuesday and update this post on how they handle this.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:21 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77hmstd View Post
Hold up if you are looking for a system. I aired up my tires on my pass through sensors and now half of them do not work. System is 1 1/2 years old. I will contact TST on Tuesday and update this post on how they handle this.
Half your tires don't work??? (-:
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:35 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
First mistake was not purchasing the Tire SafeGuard TPMS.

Works right out of the box, easy to install and set your alarm limits.

The only time you would need to contact customer service is if you have a defective sensor.

VERY satisfied customer!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:41 AM   #9

My EEZRV Tpms is also flawless. Owner battery change, easy program, covers tow with no extender and easy to read/see screen.
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:06 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
The TST system is a tire pressure monitoring system with sensors on each tire that read tire pressure to a monitor on your dash. You can program alerts for high pressure alarm low pressure alarm and temp too high alarm.
Now we got that what I am saying is when I aired up my tires 3 of the sensors that had been working flawlessly quit working. Batts were checked ect ect. I am calling them Tuesday for service I will advise. There is 2 types of tire sensors that they have one requires you remove it to air up tire the ones I have are pass through that do not require removal.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:21 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Forgot to say mine does need a repeater to read the back as they are a long way back there (see avator)
Old 01-02-2017, 06:19 AM   #12

Quote:
Forgot to say mine does need a repeater to read the back as they are a long way back there (see avator)

We too have the EEZRV with four sensors for the toad, so a total of 10 sensors. No repeater, although they sell one, but the monitor will pick up the toad sensors when it is parked at the shop, almost 400 feet away! That might even work with your rig Tom!

I did have a problem with intermittent operation last year. Thought it was the power cord where it plugs into the display. I called EEZRV, they agreed that it sounded like a power cord, it was off warranty, but they sent a cord for free anyway, got it two days later! Turned out it was NOT the power cord. I opened up the display, it had a broken solder joint on the circuit board where the power came in. I used a pencil soldering iron to re-solder the connection, no problems sent.

I don't have any experience with any of the other TPMS's on the market, but this one had worked well for us in the two years we've had it. Still haven't needed to replace the sensor batteries, but that's probably coming this year. I do not have the flow thru sensors, as it was described to me that it takes quite a while to top off the tires when/if you need to, but my main reason was because I didn't like how much longer they extended from the fill fitting.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:49 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
No repeater no worky on the road. At the house sometimes the thing picks up the trailer 600 ft away. And sometimes not.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:16 AM   #14

Quote:
No repeater no worky on the road. At the house sometimes the thing picks up the trailer 600 ft away. And sometimes not.
I can see where the mass of the coach directly between the sensors and the receiver might be a problem. Ours works fine without a repeater, but we're probably 15 feet shorter in distance between when hooked up!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote