Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-01-2018, 02:32 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to graken
Tradewinds Furnace connection 1999 Tradewinds

Hello to all of you from over here in the UK. I recently carried out some battery cable repairs and modifications and now the furnace/AC controller is not working. I notice at the controller end that the only power source is what I understand to be a RJ45 phone type connection. Having looked at the PCB end in the locker, I find a loose RJ45 cable (which I may have dislodged) with nowhere apparent to go. I was hoping that someone with a similar age Tradewinds migh be able to find time to take a look at .
graken is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2018, 04:19 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Circuit board schematic

Hey Brit. this might kelp, rear bay passenger side, on the wall behind the INVERTER....Rook

12v,120v power system all models.pdf

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:01 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Duo-Therm connection from Distribution Panel

Hello Rook, I really appreciate your prompt reply and very helpfull charts but I am unable to see the RJ11 connection to the Duo-Therm controller though. My inverter blew up and I have bypassed it and installed a seperate charger. It maybe that the loose RJ11 cable was there all the time and for another purpose but as the controller is served by the same type cable maybe I am jumping to conclusions and need to look for another source for it's power.

98 National Tradewinds 7372 300 CAT Freightliner chassis.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:31 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Tradewinds Furnace connection 1999 Tradewinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by graken View Post
Hello Rook, I really appreciate your prompt reply and very helpfull charts but I am unable to see the RJ11 connection to the Duo-Therm controller though. My inverter blew up and I have bypassed it and installed a seperate charger. It maybe that the loose RJ11 cable was there all the time and for another purpose but as the controller is served by the same type cable maybe I am jumping to conclusions and need to look for another source for it's power.

98 National Tradewinds 7372 300 CAT Freightliner chassis.

If by saying Controller, you mean the thermostat. Dometic uses a digital phone like cable that contains +12, -12, and data. That is the only connection to the thermostat. It goes to the circuit board in the Zone 1 A/C unit, then another phone cable to the Zone 2 unit. There should just be two wires from the Zone 1 circuit board to your furnace.

There will be a 12vdc fuse in your panel that powers the Zone 1 circuit board.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:41 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As stated in post #4, the phone line from the Thermostat connects to the master control Board in the front AC and gets it's 12 VDC from there. The phone line in your back bay likely goes to a phone jack in your Bedroom. Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:52 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello, do you still see the furnace on the display of the controller/thermostat when in heat mode? If not you may need a reset of the control. I do not remember how to perform reset maybe someone that does will instruct you on how to do it.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:14 AM   #7
Commercial Member

If your thermostat is the Dometic multi-zone LCD model, here is the manual. The reset procedure is on page 2.
https://www.campingworld.com/images/...structions.pdf
Old 07-23-2018, 06:33 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Greatful Thanks

Thanks to everone for your invaluable input. Everything is working and I can now charge the chassis battery along with the house batteries from the generator.

Tags
ace, furnace