Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-09-2018, 11:14 AM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 25
No worries! I appreciate your attention to it ... good luck with the batteries!

If it helps at all, we found that on the rig I inherited the solar panels were NOT charging the batteries. We found they were tied instead directly into the 12v system. My guess, and I don't know, is that the solar panels were originally tied into the battery control center board, and that this one section of that board went bad -- and this is what they did to bypass. I tell you this just in case it helps with your batteries -- in my case, we re-wired properly so that they would charge the batteries.
neilticktin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2018, 12:50 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Dustinwaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilticktin View Post
No worries! I appreciate your attention to it ... good luck with the batteries!

If it helps at all, we found that on the rig I inherited the solar panels were NOT charging the batteries. We found they were tied instead directly into the 12v system. My guess, and I don't know, is that the solar panels were originally tied into the battery control center board, and that this one section of that board went bad -- and this is what they did to bypass. I tell you this just in case it helps with your batteries -- in my case, we re-wired properly so that they would charge the batteries.
on my 98 tradewinds the solar panels are not battery chargers, they only put out an extremely minimal amount (due to technology back then) and it is only enough to maintain battery voltage with NO LOAD whatsoever, hence why I wired in a 50A plug on the shed and leave it plugged in 24/7 during storage, I check battery water level monthly usually.

mine too only powers the outlet by bedroom TV, bathroom outlet, outlet under counter in kitchen by sink, convection microwave, and outlet behind big tv in front if I remember right. on mine its 2 circuits it powers, there are 2 more circuits that fire up when you have the rv cord plugged in or the generator running.
__________________
1998 National Tradewinds 7370 Cat 3126B 300HP Allison MD 3060 Freightliner XC Chassis at about 80K Miles. Burning Dinosaur Bones One Gallon At A Time
Dustinwaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:19 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 25
This is exactly the information that I was looking for. Thank you very much.

Just to confirm, the under cabinet outlet near the couch, and the kitchen table DO NOT power on batteries alone via the inverter, right?

And, I'm curious about your comment about NO LOAD, solar and batteries. If you hit the disconnect button -- isn't that "no load"? Or were you finding something different?

And, have you considered upgrading the panels?
neilticktin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:48 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Dustinwaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilticktin View Post
This is exactly the information that I was looking for. Thank you very much.

Just to confirm, the under cabinet outlet near the couch, and the kitchen table DO NOT power on batteries alone via the inverter, right?

And, I'm curious about your comment about NO LOAD, solar and batteries. If you hit the disconnect button -- isn't that "no load"? Or were you finding something different?

And, have you considered upgrading the panels?


For the cost of upgrading the panels, i just run a honda 2000 generator a few hours a day when i am dry camping to recharge. Uses practically no fuel
__________________
1998 National Tradewinds 7370 Cat 3126B 300HP Allison MD 3060 Freightliner XC Chassis at about 80K Miles. Burning Dinosaur Bones One Gallon At A Time
Dustinwaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:53 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
National RV Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 6
does any body know were the Solar panel regulator is on a 2000 National seabreeze,
and maybe a wiring diagram?
william0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:08 PM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 87
I would also like to know how the solar panels are wired. I have no clue if they even work
My coach is a 2000 National tradewinds DP
JimmyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:01 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Damion's Avatar


 
National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJ View Post
I would also like to know how the solar panels are wired. I have no clue if they even work
My coach is a 2000 National tradewinds DP

I would also like to know how the solar panels are wired on my 2003 National Tradewinds DP.
My Inverter powers every outlet except one behind the bed with another one that is powered right next to it.
My question would be when plugged into shore power should a electric heater be plugged into these outlets passing through the inverter or should we have a outlet ahead of the inverter?
__________________
2003 National Tradewinds LTC 7374 FL XC-Chassis IFS, Steer Safe, 8.3 ISC 350 Cummins, 3000MH Allison, 2015 Equinox, Blue Ox Tow-Bar, Brake Master Air Over Hyd
Damion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
inverter



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
National :: 2017 National Tradewinds Tradewinds LTC 7374 Damion iRV2 Owners Registry 1 06-14-2021 09:36 PM
Tradewinds Furnace connection 1999 Tradewinds graken National RV Owner's Forum 7 07-23-2018 06:33 AM
Inverter wiring to GFI on Tradewinds jaywolf National RV Owner's Forum 4 07-10-2018 11:32 AM
Run Fridge From Inverter Tradewinds graken National RV Owner's Forum 7 08-09-2013 05:59 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.