Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2014, 09:21 AM   #1

TV Removal from 05 Dolphin LX

Just joined the site to get some advice regarding removal of the TV from my 05 32ft LX. After reading other posts about removal of the their 100lb tv's, I figured this would be a snap. I still can't get mine to slide out. Removed the wood bezel, the plastic cover underneath the tray and the 2 bolts aft on each side of the tray. After loosening up the 2 front tray bolts, the tray won't drop down far enough in the front to let the top of the tv clear the ceiling. Anybody know of any other screws, brackets etc to loosen? Thanks
Pokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2014, 07:44 PM   #2

Welcome....
You will get an answer here. You can also look up other posts on this subject. Some have posted pictures.
Again Welcome! Now that your here, you'll stay here.
We also have a Dolphin LX 6320 on a workhorse '05.
pjgolpher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:03 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On mine their was also a medal strap across the top and attached to the TV, look for small screws right at the top of the medal housing, one screw on each side.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:43 AM   #4

Thanks, you may have solved my problem. I remember seeing those screws. I will get some help and then remove them.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:50 AM   #5

I might also add that I got tired of fiddling with the end wrench trying to remove the two aft bolts on each side of the tray, so I took a hacksaw and slotted the end of the bolt and backed them out with a screwdriver pretty quick.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:52 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Let us know how it all worked out..
Old 06-01-2014, 09:43 AM   #7

Thanks I sure will. It won't be this week though as we are multitasking….getting the carpet replaced this month also. Still don't know how that will work out. I am trying to figure out an easy way to remove the dinettes so the carpet guy will knock off $100. I took a few screws out, but so far it looks like a project. I think they built them in place. The couch will be no problem as I have already had it out when it was upholstered in Mazatlan this winter. May have to start a carpet replacement thread after I search this site a little more.

2005 Dolphin 32ft LX towing a Honda CRV
from Spokane WA
Old 06-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #8
Lit

National RV Owners Club
If I remember back several years ago when I took my RCA tube TV out, I had to push backwards then lift it up. The bottom has a strip of metal that has a flange setup, this prevents the TV from bouncing, that's why you can't lift it straight up. Take your time to locate all the screws holding that monster in and you'll do fine.
Lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Exactly what Lit said , be ready to pick up and push back to get past the lower front TV bracket.. This is a two man job.. I took the bottom plate, stood it up, bolted it to the side plates, then attached a TV mount to that.. I am thinking of changing that to a side mount, Omnimount full motion Tv mount, so I could pull it out and aim it more towards the couch.. Good luck
Old 06-01-2014, 11:02 PM   #10

There is a bracket across the front of the tray with about 4 or 5 bolts that keeps the TV from sliding aft. I have removed that. Do you mean there is another bracket between the bottom of the TV and tray that I can't see that might be holding it down?
Old 06-02-2014, 04:48 AM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mine had a metal piece built into the bottom plate, no screws, just a piece built up.. You will have to push up and slightly back to get over this piece after you lower the plate.. Did you unplug power and cable???
Old 06-02-2014, 07:45 AM   #12

I noticed under the plate near where the center speaker is attached, some signs of welding on the other side. From what you are saying, they must have welded a bracket to the bottom plate to grab the bottom of the TV as well. Thanks for the tip, I will be aware of that when I get a gorilla over to lift it out for me. I am still trying find where the TV is plugged in. It's behind all the entertainment pieces on the right side somewhere. I pulled the Dish receiver out and still can't see it. Looks like I might as well disassemble the whole darn mess and start from new there. Then we can start shopping for a new TV to put back in…

2005 Dolphin 32ft LX towing a 14 Honda CRV
from Spokane WA
Old 06-02-2014, 09:34 PM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
TV shopping,, Look for speakers on the front. Side/back speakers are hard to hear when its built in.. We bought from Best Buy, I believe their own brand.. Maybe a Viso..
Good luck
Old 06-02-2014, 11:32 PM   #14

Thanks for the tip on the TV, we will start our shopping trip there...

Tags
dolphin, removal