Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2015, 06:56 PM   #1

Two part questions

No 1: Am i the only one on this forum that has a 2000 Tradewinds, model 7373? No 2: Do all refrigerators and not the household kind have hoses that drain water, and if so, would my model of tradewinds have such a drain? The two storage units under the frig were extremely wet the last time i returned from a camping trip. This is the first time that this has happened. The bottom storage units are on the passenger side away from the two waste tanks. Thanks to anyone who gives me an answer!
rivrduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2015, 08:03 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Any absorption refer has to drain water somehow. Many residential ones do also
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 05:19 AM   #3

water from refer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivrduk View Post
No 1: Am i the only one on this forum that has a 2000 Tradewinds, model 7373? No 2: Do all refrigerators and not the household kind have hoses that drain water, and if so, would my model of tradewinds have such a drain? The two storage units under the frig were extremely wet the last time i returned from a camping trip. This is the first time that this has happened. The bottom storage units are on the passenger side away from the two waste tanks. Thanks to anyone who gives me an answer!
The folks who own my motor home before me must have had to same problem. They fixed it by attaching a hose from the bottom of the tray, down through the bay and out of the motor home, so if any water leaks, it goes out into the street. The tubing to the ice maker is plastic, and mine had crumbed to pieces, I installed a copper line, and a new solenoid water valve, also made a little pan under the valve to catch any water should it leak. I also made a pan with a hose attached and routed through the bay and down through the bottom of the coach to the street, under my hot water heater. several years ago I had a minor flood, the fitting on the water heater broke. After getting home, I noticed the floor in two of the bays were kind of spongy. I ripped out the fiber glass coverings and the 3/4" plywood had been water soaked years ago and my little flood added to the damage. I ripped out the floor in two of the bays, under the ply is sheet metal. I replaced both sheets of plywood, coated them with marine urethane, screwed it all down and replaced the flooring with the same stuff, found at Home Depot but instead of light blue, light gray. Also made a catch pan under my washer and dish washer. You never know when a leak will occur.
Old 10-31-2015, 11:01 AM   #4

Hi rivrduck,

I do not have your coach however all refers will have a drain tube. However, I had a similar problem finding a soaked cabinet under the fridge. Turned out mine was the water supply tubing that feeds the ice maker. If you have an ice maker you might want to check the feed line. If it is the ice maker feed there should be a shut of valve somewhere. In my unit it was located under the fridge. Had to remove a panel to get to it but there it was along with a water filter. I wrote a thread titled "How to change your ice maker supply without removing the fridge" should you need it.

Good luck,

~Bill
Bill WA6YBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivrduk View Post
rivrduk
What is the make and model number of your refrigerator?
IMO providing as much information as you can about about the item you are asking about will always result in more uesful replies.
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote