Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:02 PM   #1

Walk around queen beds

Hi! I would like to get some input on the walk around queen beds. We have been looking at 1999 1310 models to purchase. I have actually set foot in one and found that I couldn't walk around the bed as the mattress was up against the bathroom wall on one side and the wardrobe cabinet on the other.

We really like the floorplans except for this quirk in the bed. An idea came to be, but it may be nothing.

How common is it for folks to "upsize" their mattresses? Could a land queen be put in the coach only to have it hit the walls as I have described? I didn't think to look at the bed base before I left. I have seen photos of several Seabreeze units on line and many of the photos DO NOT give a good representation of the room at the foot of the bed.

Any input would be welcome!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #2

We purposely chose a coach that had a walk around bed as neither of us are able to sleep up against a wall of any kind. If I understand your question correctly, you want to know if a previous owner perhaps upsized the mattress thus hitting the wall now? Did you look to see if the bed platform also is against the wall? If it is, then obviously a new mattress will not help. If it is not, then you should easily be able to replace the queen for a smaller mattress.
KathyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #3

You understood my question perfectly! I did not think to look at the bed base until I had left the vehicle. It is hard for me to believe National would have put the bed against two walls- you can't very well call it a walk around if it's blocked in two places.

Thanks for the input.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:31 PM   #4

There are a couple of ways you can verify that the unit you looked at is non standard.

Google "1999 National 1310" and look for used sales pictures that show the bedroom.

Also search for a brochure - most also have good pictures and almost always have floor plan drawings.

FWIW I've never seen a factory installation with wall-to-wall bed.

Good luck with finding one .
Tony H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Walk around is the only way to go. Can you imagine having to crawl across the bed to get in? Or making the bed?
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote